I am looking for a dreadnought style guitar under £400. This will be my first proper acoustic guitar so I don't really have any preferences yet. Having done quite a bit of research I have narrowed my list down to (I have put the prices I can get them for next to them):

Sigma DR-35 £309
Sigma DR-28H £319
Sigma DR-28V £399
Sigma DR-41 £399
Simon & Patrick woodland cedar £399
Yamanha LL6 £339
Tanglewood TW115 ST premier £269
Recording King RD 07 £200
Recording King RD 10 £359
Blueridge BR 60 £305
Fender CD 320AS £355
Taylor Big Baby £335

Well this was my list until I was looking on thomann and saw that I could get a Roadking RD 26 NAT for £240. Now I am leaning towards this guitar as I have heard such good reviews.

P.s. NO SEAGULLS! I am not really fussy about looks but I can't stand the headstock on seagulls and can't justify spending £400 on a guitar that I don't like the look of
Have you trying anything by Crafter yet? They make great acoustics & will be well within your budget.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
You should try as many as you can. All of those will get decent reviews here. Have fun looking though.
Sigma all the way .....
I dont have the dreadnaught as they are too big for me but i can speak for the 000 size bodies.
I have the Sigma 000r-28v amazing guitar cost just under 400 pounds about 480euro i paid in Ireland.
Superb sound and build quality.

I also have the Sigma TM12 travel like a little martin amazing too..

Im sure ~Sigmas Dread would also be of equal quality
If you are a serious musician you will save your money until you have enough for a real guitar, something you will carry with you for the next 30 years.
To be honest im not a serious musician I love playing my guitar, more than most.
But im never going to gig or be professional.
I cannot afford to pay 2-3000 quid on a guitar.
Id barely spend that on a car to ferry my family around.
I have a mortgage, mouths to feed, bills to pay ect....
4-500 is more than a reasonable amount of money to spend on a guitar, that is not a professional.
I know plenty of people gigging with less....
Quote by kevmc1180
To be honest im not a serious musician I love playing my guitar, more than most.
But im never going to gig or be professional.
I cannot afford to pay 2-3000 quid on a guitar.
Id barely spend that on a car to ferry my family around.
I have a mortgage, mouths to feed, bills to pay ect....
4-500 is more than a reasonable amount of money to spend on a guitar, that is not a professional.
I know plenty of people gigging with less....

Thank you haha. Glad to finally see someone that doesn't spend £5000 on a guitar for bedroom use :L
Take this baby: http://*******/s7QkIV

It's a Fender CD 60. I own one. Actually I would never change this jewel.

I play it for more than two years and it still sounds awesome. Well, you have to be into this Neil Young-Folk-style, because this Fender has a tremendous deep sound. So if you're planing to play hard pickings and a lot of tricky folk and country, than man, you should take this one. I payed € 160, but I guess you could find it cheaper.

A last word about the strings: Don't use light strings with this guitar. You will sound like an infant boy without bass in his voice. I use 13'' bronge-gold strings (h and low e are 11'' phosphor-bronze). You should be aware of that.