So the Delta Blues has a 15" speaker and tremolo but the rest is the same circuit apparently. The Delta Blues intrigues me but I've never had the opportunity to meet one nor a Classic 30 face-to-face. What are the reasons to get a Classic 30 over a Delta Blues?
Well I recently aquired a classic 50 and some time ago there was a Delta blues standing around in my bands reahearsal room, so I've played both of them, but never side by side.
I don't know if they are the exact same circuit, but they're definily in the same vein and really nice for Blues and Classic Rock.
As for getting a Classic over the Delta: The classic is tried and tested, readily available on the used market and cheaper, with the only thing you really loose being the tremolo, something many guitarrist use practically never
They're the exact same price. The reason I gravitate towards the DB over the C30 is the 15" speaker but that's all in theory. The 15" seems better for me on paper. The deeper lows and airier highs sounds like something I would love, especially with my trebly guitars. I'm just looking for cons of DB and things that I potentially wouldn't like. The heavier weight is an obvious one but I was looking for others.
Quote by JELIFISH19
They're the exact same price. The reason I gravitate towards the DB over the C30 is the 15" speaker but that's all in theory. The 15" seems better for me on paper. The deeper lows and airier highs sounds like something I would love, especially with my trebly guitars. I'm just looking for cons of DB and things that I potentially wouldn't like. The heavier weight is an obvious one but I was looking for others.

i have played probably a dozen different Classicc 30's and liked them. however one day a saw a delta blues (1x15") and i loved it. i agree that tremolo isn't the most useful feature, but its kind of cool.'

i can speak out for rare tremolo use and have a music man with it as well as my mesa trem-o-verb (thank god for footswitch). but really choppy on the right riff can be eargasmic.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i have played a few C30s, and i think they are pretty cool amps.

however, ONE time i played a delta blues and actually though it had an awesome clean sound that is a great platform for pedals. honestly, you cant really go wrong with either one.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
i should mention also that i am a wh0*e for 15"s but it the delta blues was good beyond my speaker bias
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by JELIFISH19

Well I just checked and they seem to go for the same price new, which really surprised me, but used on guitarcenter the classic starts at 300 and the delta at 450 bucks
So if you're buying new by all means go for the Delta, otherwise it's a harder decision.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Is there anything you think the C30 does better than the DB?

have you ever played on a 15" before? (not guitar on a bass amp). its a little different. i personally really love 15" i have two 1x15" boxes built for whenever i pick up the right thing for them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
i think the bigger cab helps the delta blues a lot. the c30 always seemed to either suffer from tube rattle or that boxy unidirectional thing.

just my .02, i owned the 210 version of the db and maybe that's better yet? it didn't have that boxy thing to it when i cranked it up. i have't tried a 115 loud enough to say if it does or not.

i'd get the db over the c30 myself, all aside just for the decent tremolo.