https://soundcloud.com/profound-obscurity/nameless-usurper

Heyo, it's been a very, very long time since I've done a new metal song. I honestly don't remember the last time I did. So to shake off the rust I decided to dive into a new metal song and actually finish it this time. I've done a lot of tests of metal riffs but I haven't been able to really finish one until now. And this one is 8 minutes long even, lol.

Anyways check it out, leave me some feedback and I will gladly C4C. Thanks!

EDIT:

Since a couple people requested I have vocals on the song, I decided to add a link to me growling like a crazy person over it. The lyrics are inspired by my childhood, lmao. Might as well be goofy lyrics since most people can't understand me. The style I guess is basically me wishing I was Tommy Rogers from Between The Buried And Me. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/profound-obscurity/nameless-usurper-w-vocals
Last edited by JDawg00100 at Mar 28, 2014,
Nasty riffage right out of the gate. Love the staccato rhythms mixed in. You're definitely a talented player. Hope you make more metal again soon!
Quote by relowe
Nasty riffage right out of the gate. Love the staccato rhythms mixed in. You're definitely a talented player. Hope you make more metal again soon!

I appreciate that! Thanks for the listen
Really enjoyed this one! That shit around :55 got my dick pretty hard Love fast sections like that, harmonizing with the minor 3rd (I think) on the back half. The song as a whole is just one great riff after another too, with a lot of the transitions just being spot on, including the transitions into the sweep picking part. I'm a big stickler on arrangements, and making things trying to just flow, and this song is just great all the way through.

I'm usually not big on just doing praise praise praise praise, but this was an excellent song all the way through. For it's style, I think it might be little too long, but that's just me. I like long songs, but most of the stuff in this song feels like it should be a 4:00 - 5:30 song. I still like it a lot though.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1637645
Last edited by bdof at Mar 27, 2014,
Quote by mattjamesrenn
ah man it won't play, fark soundcloud.

Oh no! Is there another way I can upload the song for you to hear it?
I'm not sure, some soundcloud audio tracks work, some don't and I’m not sure why. Also people can’t go to my SC from my links but can get to it by search also don’t know why. I’m no expert on this stuff but am keen to hear it as others seem to dig it.
Quote by mattjamesrenn
I'm not sure, some soundcloud audio tracks work, some don't and I’m not sure why. Also people can’t go to my SC from my links but can get to it by search also don’t know why. I’m no expert on this stuff but am keen to hear it as others seem to dig it.

I uploaded the song and you can listen to it HERE

If that doesn't work right click the link and try to save link as

Hope that works for you
Cheers man, the riffs are awesome each one and everything is tight as and on the money no doubt about it. Cool little time changes between some riffs to (not sure at what time on song as media player what time the songs at).
As a song that has that many thrash like riffs It was a little long for me, could be broken up into a couple of tracks even know there is a recurring theme (which was cool). The dynamic change about 4/5ths the way through I liked, it gave a rest period between the brutal riffs and blended nicely to what was after. I suppose proggy music gets away with the length because of this change up of intensities.
Got my imagination flowing and painted some imagery for me. Also as a dude above me said would be sweet with some vocals funnily enough in the style of the dude who posted it.. I’m on to him.
Quote by mattjamesrenn
Cheers man, the riffs are awesome each one and everything is tight as and on the money no doubt about it. Cool little time changes between some riffs to (not sure at what time on song as media player what time the songs at).
As a song that has that many thrash like riffs It was a little long for me, could be broken up into a couple of tracks even know there is a recurring theme (which was cool). The dynamic change about 4/5ths the way through I liked, it gave a rest period between the brutal riffs and blended nicely to what was after. I suppose proggy music gets away with the length because of this change up of intensities.
Got my imagination flowing and painted some imagery for me. Also as a dude above me said would be sweet with some vocals funnily enough in the style of the dude who posted it.. I’m on to him.

Awesome, thanks for the listen!

Funny enough I did do my own vocals for fun, which was composed of mostly growling. Since no one can really understand me I ended up doing goofy lyrics. I'm not really all that happy with how it turned out but see if you can listen to it on soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/profound-obscurity/nameless-usurper-w-vocals

If not I can give you another link
The lyrics are pretty disturbing if you ask me lol, I don't think you're bad at growling though.

Music is outstanding, my favourite part is the second half of the song, starting at 3:56, very chilling, the harmonies are a truly great build up to the solo, which is also very good but a little short, I would have matched both parts of it through the clean section, but it's pretty good like that anyway. Breakdown at 7:13 made me jizz too.

First half is really f'n heavy, the riffage is devastating, you came up with great ideas, and the playing is flawless too!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1638709