So I have a Peavey Studio Pro 112. When I turn it on the speaker just plays REALLY low volume with crackling sounds and I have to turn it up to nearly max volume and play a chord for it to pop and then it starts working fine. I know that this isn't because of my guitar though...any ideas?
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
loose wire? Bad connection?
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I can think of a dozen things that could be doing that, everything from a loose speaker connection to faulty power transistors. What you've said tells us bugger all, sorry.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
What would you suggest as the first thing to check out on it to fix it though?
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
I'd start by cleaning all the jacks and check the speaker connection. The next place I would look would be the power supply filter caps, then the power transistors. I'd also be looking for dry joints on the board. Then I'd be testing coupling capacitors.
Basically, it could turn into a huge job just trying to identify the fault.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Mar 25, 2014,
^ Cath is saying in a nice way it will cost more to diagnose and fix than the amp is worth

Everytime I read Cath's text it is in a Malcolm young voice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
oh well, its my old amp anyways I was just wondering if it could be something simple so I could fix it and have an amp in my living room lol
Quote by I.O.T.M
It very well could be something simple. Start poking around but wear gloves and mind your capacitors. Speaker wire and input jacks are safe and simple without opening up the amp.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY