There's this guy I know who's a drug fiend. He bragged to me about how his doctor knows he sells and abuses his pills but prescribes them anyway (and told me his name in case I wanted to get some too, which I don't).

Is there a way I can report the doctor? It'll be my word against his, and there's no way the guy I know would tell the truth if asked. I can file a complaint, but is it at all likely that anything will come of it or am I SOL?
Last edited by progdude93 at Mar 25, 2014,
Argue with them on an internet forum.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
^ WELL THAT'S A STUPID ****ING IDEA, DUMBASS! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW DUMB YOU ARE?! NO?!

didn't think so

Quote by Malchius
Why do you want to?

cos he's spreading the shit around my area and a friend of mine has already relapsed
Quote by Dwight.Schrute
Argue with them on an internet forum.

I think you're wrong, and stupid! Maybe if you weren't so American you'd realise that women deserve the right to tip waiters, and guns should be legal, but only assault rifles!
Quote by progdude93
beat ya to it

I think you're wrong, and stupid! Maybe if you weren't so American you'd realise that women deserve the right to tip waiters, and guns should be legal, but only assault rifles!
Quote by progdude93
^ WELL THAT'S A STUPID ****ING IDEA, DUMBASS! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW DUMB YOU ARE?! NO?!

didn't think so

cos he's spreading the shit around my area and a friend of mine has already relapsed

Have you got something similar to the GMC for reporting medical professionals?

If he's writing prescriptions they'll be on file somewhere I'm sure.
Quote by Baby Joel

Does progdude actually think this?
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
you could sell drugs to his doctor who prescribe them to your friend and somehow turn that into a cycle that benefits you.

I have no idea, man. I can't think right now.
Quote by Malchius
Have you got something similar to the GMC for reporting medical professionals?

If he's writing prescriptions they'll be on file somewhere I'm sure.

like i said, i can file a complaint, but i'm just wondering if it'll do anything. i can't prove the prescriptions are illegitimate, because my evidence is entirely based on hearsay
^ lol i started to write "an addict" but switched to "a drug fiend" halfway through

Quote by Dwight.Schrute
Does progdude actually think this?

nah, only handguns and RPGs should be legal
Quote by progdude93
like i said, i can file a complaint, but i'm just wondering if it'll do anything. i can't prove the prescriptions are illegitimate, because my evidence is entirely based on hearsay

They may get someone to examine the dosage and regularity of the prescriptions if it doesn't add up then something might happen. Talk to the guy who pushes them and see if you can get more info before you file the complaint.
Fuck his wife.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Buy pills from him and record the sale.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
i'm not trying to be a PI and spend hours and hours finding a way to solve this problem. i just want to know if what i have is enough to do anything, and it seems that it's not. i'll talk to the guy a little tomorrow, but
I must not believe in doing the right thing anymore. Why do you care? The world needs more drug fiends and backdoor dealings.
Quote by progdude93
There's this guy I know who's a drug fiend. He bragged to me about how his doctor knows he sells and abuses his pills but prescribes them anyway (and told me his name in case I wanted to get some too, which I don't).

Is there a way I can report the doctor? It'll be my word against his, and there's no way the guy I know would tell the truth if asked. I can file a complaint, but is it at all likely that anything will come of it or am I SOL?

I knew a guy who got banned from buying pills he actually needs ever again because of this very behaviour. Tell the pharmicist, they should tell the doctor.
Last edited by G DUBYA at Mar 25, 2014,
Why is it your business to report him? That's gay. Even if I hated somebody and I knew they dealt drugs, I still wouldn't tell on them.

Violence is different though, if somebody is getting violent I will call the cops, but anything else, I will keep my mouth shut.

Listen kid, it's not your problem. Leave it alone.
Carry a recording device with you next time you see him and get him to brag about it again.
cat
If you're that worried do an intervention, or try to get him into rehab.

But don't rat the doctor out, it's not like you're cutting off the only supply of pills to your friend. I know dope addicts, and if they are truly addicted they will always be able to find them. All you are going to do is ruin that doctors career (although I'm sure he understands the risk he is taking) and most likely piss your friend off to the point that he cuts ties and you will no chance of helping him at that point.

Sure maybe the doctor is enabling, but your friend is the one with the problem. Going straight to throwing the doctor under the bus is unbelievably passive aggressive behavior. Deal with the problem where it lies, which is with your friend.

edit: grammar/content
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Last edited by LynchMobster at Mar 25, 2014,
Look man, the guy didn't shove pills down your buddies throat, the dumbass took them himself. You shouldn't rat on the doctor at all because it's none of your god damn business.
Listen. I'm sorry.
if you really care this much, walk into a police station and ask to talk to an officer.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by LynchMobster
If you're that worried do an intervention, or try to get him into rehab.

But don't rat the doctor out, it's not like you're cutting off the only supply of pills to your friend. I know dope addicts, and if they are truly addicted they will always be able to find them. All you are going to do is ruin that doctors career (although I'm sure he understands the risk he is taking) and most likely piss your friend off to the point that he cuts ties and you will no chance of helping him at that point.

Sure maybe the doctor is enabling, but your friend is the one with the problem. Going straight to throwing the doctor under the bus is unbelievably passive aggressive behavior. Deal with the problem where it lies, which is with your friend.

edit: grammar/content

There's something called medical ethics
cat
Pass the name and any other info you have that doesn't implicate your friend directly to any officer. There are multiple ways you can do that, from anonymous tip lines to walking into a local station and speaking to someone. Finding the website for your country's DEA and looking around on there for tip lines would be a good place to start.

You don't need concrete evidence or to stand in court and testify to get the cops to look the doctor's way. If he is as crooked as your friend has implied they will have no issue dealing with it themselves, they just need a reason to be watching him.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
The ****!?... Let's not encourage him now guys! If anyone should be arrested in this scenario it's the most self-righteous (most vain) of the three involved parties.

Quote by guitarxo
There's something called medical ethics

Fictional concept.
Last edited by wafflesyrup at Mar 26, 2014,
Quote by wafflesyrup
The ****!?... Let's not encourage him now guys! If anyone should be arrested in this scenario it's the most self-righteous (most vain) of the three involved parties.

Fictional concept.

Everybody lies, and this doctor will too.
I hate people like that, they're the ones who make it difficult for people who actually have problems to get the medicine they need.