Who would you say is the best female guitar player active now? I would say Cathy Henderson of Antigone Rising is one of the best. I have seen them in concert many times being that they are from the NYC area and I used to live there. I never tired of hearing her shred some crazy solos.
definitely orianthi
Quote by entity0009
This is obviously linked to the increase in teen pregnancy: Dad dicks are getting smaller so they are forced to find younger, tighter mothers.

Quote by willT08
everyone's the main guy in their own story
I dont really know much about modern female players. I listen to a lot of classic female players. Check out Lita Ford, she is awesome, and extremely hot as well.
Orianthi is a pretty lousy guitar player and not even good looking. And I don't know about guitar players, but Barbara Mandrell and Alison Brown are both pretty damn good.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Haha two posts here have mentioned attraction as if that's a relevant thing. But it's women and you're all little pervs so I guess it is
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I would say that Orianthi... is not even close the best. I've seen Rig Rundowns with her where her tech has gone through everything because 'he' believes it sounds good. I don't think she really has a clue.

She's got pretty good chops but far from the best and her tone is lousy.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Jess is a phenom. One of the finest and most musical guitarists in my lifetime. I would rather listen to her play than Guthrie Govan, Petrucci, Vai, Bonnamassa or most of the rest. She brings so much more to the music than just raw technique.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at May 8, 2014,