Hello, i just finished recording and mixing this today, it is influenced by many things. I dont even know what genre to put it under. Prog? Experimental?

Anywho, this was recorded using the BKP juggernauts and its very apparent when you hear this. Some solos where done with LACE pickups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOkK274dlBw

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by terran236 at Mar 29, 2014,
I liked it man, reminded me of Serve the Servants for some reason even though I know the songs aren't even remotely alike.
Quote by frusciante.ve
the two guitar don't mesh together. Are you sure you used the same tempo? it sounds messy

Sorry you feel that way maybe i just suck at guitar, or the rhythm is a little unconventional. :-P

The rhythm at the beginning is a 16th note "behind" every other bar.

but yes they are same tempo.

Last edited by terran236 at Mar 27, 2014,
Quote by NewDayHappy
I liked it man, reminded me of Serve the Servants for some reason even though I know the songs aren't even remotely alike.

thank you for taking the time! appreciate it
I'm certainly not used to it either, the timing of the distorted opening part with the clean guitar melody is actually really cool, throws you off at first listen. Not a huge fan of the solo guitar tone but that is just my opinion anyway and many love that tone. AS for an opener for a future album it seems to explore many themes but you may be going for that sort of thing.
Anyways good job, would definitely fit into a prog kind of category if you had to label it as something.
Quote by mattjamesrenn
I'm certainly not used to it either, the timing of the distorted opening part with the clean guitar melody is actually really cool, throws you off at first listen. Not a huge fan of the solo guitar tone but that is just my opinion anyway and many love that tone. AS for an opener for a future album it seems to explore many themes but you may be going for that sort of thing.
Anyways good job, would definitely fit into a prog kind of category if you had to label it as something.

Thank you for your honesty! I really do appreciate people taking the time. So, have you anything you'd like critiqued sir?
terran,
The song starts out nicely. But once the other part starts, it sounds like 2 different songs playing at once........OK, now it is starting to sound better again. I like most of the lead guitar, and I like the bass riff that plays without the rhythm guitar. I like parts of the song. I would call it experimental-prog-djent. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1637670
Bump, i know we arent supposed to bump but i re recorded the intro. I figured enough people told me it was messy it must be.