As the topic says, yesterday I ordered Cube 20X and now I got a call that it is delivered to the store but it's a newer model - 20GX. The price is ~275 $ for 20GX, and the 20X is ~250$. Is is worth it? What is better in the newer model? Please make a comparison, if possible.

P.S. I read up that GX got a dock for iOS stuff, but I use Android so it's a kinda useless for me. Will that interfere with quality of playing, will I have less equalizers and stuff?

Have been playing for 1.5 years.

Playing at :
Home, possibly recording, some gigs with my band(bassist, drumer, lead singer).

Price range :
230 - 270 $

Favourite bands, musicians :
MUSE, Green Day, RHCP, Katy Perry, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park.

Favourite music styles :
Classical Rock, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock, styles of the above mentioned bands/musicians, maybe some metal riffs, if they sound good for me.

Current guitar :
A cheap stratocaster rip-off (although sounds quite good).
Hi there,

I've got the Cube-30X (pretty much the same as the -20X) and it's a great little amp! But I would say the Cube-20GX is even a little better. I looked into it a little bit and it has a few more features than the older 20X. For example the reverb and delay have seperate knobs, so now you have different types of delay/reverb. I'd say the GX is just fine for what you wanna do .

Also, the iOS input can also be used for connecting the amp to another audio device (mp3 player or probably even your phone).

I can imagine you don't need 2 types of delay and 2 types of reverb so it might not be worth the 25$. But on the other hand, the 20X is a really old model so I don't know if you can find it anywhere else. But I'm gonna stop typing now 'cause I'm just starting to ramble now. Hopefully I helped you a little bit
For that price range I would recommend looking for a smaller tube amp. If you don't mind buying used you could probably get a better one. Especially if you're playing in a band and plan on gigging a tube amp will sound MUCH better than the Roland cube. Guitar Center has a few used ones that you can order online and ship to store. Peavey Vypyr is a popular choice for a lot of people. You can check your local craigslist too. Go tube, you'll be happier later.
Quote by themaniac9
Hi there,

I've got the Cube-30X (pretty much the same as the -20X) and it's a great little amp!

Oh yeah, I play with 30X ocasionally and indeed it is a great little amp . Can easily overpower drums and bass added up. Really like it.
Quote by dmc92484
For that price range I would recommend looking for a smaller tube amp. If you don't mind buying used you could probably get a better one. Especially if you're playing in a band and plan on gigging a tube amp will sound MUCH better than the Roland cube. Guitar Center has a few used ones that you can order online and ship to store. Peavey Vypyr is a popular choice for a lot of people. You can check your local craigslist too. Go tube, you'll be happier later.

Too bad that I live in Lithuania and I looked up locally for 2-had cubes, but there were none. Not even peavys' or rolands'. So yeah, I possibly gonna buy it. But maybe in the future, when I start to earn money myself, I will go for a tube amp. Thanks a lot anyways.