Hey all. I'm thinking about picking up an Alesis ____verb because I dig the really ambient, swirly sounds they seem capable of, especially since you can come across them for chicken feed. I keep seeing different units, though, and was hoping someone could school me on the difference between the Quadraverb, Nanoverb, and Microverb (as well as any others I'm missing).
Good choice!

Well the nanoverb is smaller.
A third of a rack unit.
Also, you can engage just one effect at a time with that IIRC, and it only has reverbs.

The microverb and the midiverb and the quadraverb are all pretty old and pretty low fi.
Well the first two at least - 18bit.
The other one is probably the same.

The quadraverb gives you the option of having 4 effects at a time, the midiverb gives you 3 and the microverb gives you 2 (I'm referring to the last version of each), and the first two have a lot more options.
They basically have effects which you can mix and rout the way you prefer (I'm not that sure you can change the routing options with the quadraverb but I don't really see why you couldn't since you can with the midiverb), while the microverb works with presets of one or two, and though they have every combination of effects the thing has, it may be a bit limiting if you like really funny stuff.

The quadraverb may have more effects than the others but I'm not that sure about it.

Theese three are all stereo, they can all be controlled by midi, and among them I'd but the cheapest I can find between the midiverb and the quadraverb if you're on the cheap and you like lotsa options, the quadraverb (in a good condition) if you like options and you're not on the cheap, or the microverb if you like simple stuff.
I wouldn't get the nanoverb.
Not enough funny effects and not enough routing options.
Unless you get three, then you may get something pretty damn funny if you like fiddling with cables routing and lotsa channels and stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Wow, that's pretty detailed! Thanks!

If I could get a Quadraverb for $40 or a Quadraverb GT for $60, should I spend the extra $20?
Among the two of them i'd get the GT.
It's specifically designed for guitar so it has a pre and funny stereo fx and some control over the pre gain, though you can't disengage it so I'm not really sure how good it would sound in an fx loop, and it's gonna be noisy.

If you can find one, among all the quadraverbs I'd get the Q20, which is basically an improved version of the Q2.
Thing is, the Q2 already is a completely different beast from the Q1 and Q+, which is an software-updated version of the Q1, and the Q GT is a Q+ plus a pre and some fx regarding the pre.
Anyway, the Q20 is a bit less noisey than the Q2 which is hella less noisey than the Q1/Q+/Q GT, and the Q GT is even noisier because of the pre you can't disengage.
The Q20 also has more memory and better converters, so if you cand fine one of those I'd get it over any other digital cheap funny fx processor.

If you can't anyway, the Q GT will do fine too
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
When run in the loop none of the quaddies are noisy. The noise only comes when you have to crank the input gain up. Run in the loop you can have the input turned right down and then it's no noisier than anything else. They like line level inputs.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification