Hello. What gauge of wires are you putting in pedals? I mean DIY pedals, MODS and repairment. Thanx
well it's a low voltage dc circuit usually rated in miliamps so.. i would assume almost anything would work, Most transformer / power supply wires are very thin.. so i would guess there around 20 gauge. which can carry about 1.5 amps.
I use 22AWG, works fine. I once bought some that was a little thicker (20AWG I guess) and it didn't fit in the holes for the vero I was using at the time which meant stripping off strands which was a pain. I've built Identical pedals with very different wire sizes and I can't hear a difference, so it's not a huge issue for the use.
Quote by ToXyN
well it's a low voltage dc circuit usually rated in miliamps so.. i would assume almost anything would work, Most transformer / power supply wires are very thin.. so i would guess there around 20 gauge. which can carry about 1.5 amps.

actually 20AWG wire can handle around 11A.

Id use 22AWG teflon wire but thats a bit hard to conveniently buy cheap. Hoffmanamps sells 20AWG teflon wire by the foot and at an ok price considering you dont need a 100ft roll to build a pedal. it all depends on how cramped the pedal is.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1