Page 1 of 2
Whaaasssuppp!

So anyway, I was talking to my cousin, and he was asking me a few deep questions. I said to him "listen, I don't know the answer, but I know some people who will" (obviously I mean the pit, ya feel me?).

My cousin has a girlfriend, but he's said to me that recently, he's been started to question if he could be gay.

His reason for this is that he says he finds movie stars like Brad Pitt very attractive

Problem is, his family don't agree with being gay, it's against their religious beliefs. Furthermore, he's worried that he will break his girlfriends heart.

How does he tell them!? How does he know himself!? He is really worried and I thought I'd put it to "the Pit" because you guys are always willing to help out.
The king stay the king
Brad Pitt's like the Mars bar of celebrity love. They still exist, so there's clearly a market for them, but no one knows anyone who likes them.
Quote by tp600

How does he tell them!? How does he know himself!? He is really worried and I thought I'd put it to "the Pit" because you guys are always willing to help out.

Blow him. If he likes it, he's gay.

You know you were fishing for permission to do that..
Quote by macashmack
We are not the people to be asking
Yeah, but we might be able to help. I mean, just get him to spend some time here, I doubt he'd be attracted to men anymore. (Just make sure he doesn't come across Phils, that might break that plan)
Quote by lncognito
Yeah, but we might be able to help. I mean, just get him to spend some time here, I doubt he'd be attracted to men anymore. (Just make sure he doesn't come across Phils, that might break that plan)

Or me, right? Right? I'm attractive too?
sup with you guys?

You all too macho here in the pit to give advice on sexuality?
The king stay the king
Quote by lncognito
(Just make sure he doesn't come across Phils, that might break that plan

Who and why?
The king stay the king
You are a good man for supporting your cousin.

If he is unsure then he should try to figure it out for himself first, although talking to you about it might indicate that he is actually confident about it to some degree. If he is confident about being gay then you should advise him to come out for it to his parents and gf, there is no point in living a lie.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Brad Pitt's like the Mars bar of celebrity love. They still exist, so there's clearly a market for them, but no one knows anyone who likes them.

I fucking love Brad Pitt sexually and as an actor

I never understood people with this problem. I don't mean the being afraid to come out thing, I mean not knowing. I guess I'm probably ignorant but this seems to really be as simple as "Are you happy with your girlfriend? No? Do you find yourself at all interested in other women, either as a partner or sexually? No? Do you not simply understand which men you personally find attractive (just being able to tell attractiveness of your own gender isn't gay at all lol) and want to go further than that? Then you're gay"

But it doesn't even have to be that complicated. Like, if he doesn't feel happy with her and then can't work it out after a time he feels comfortable with, really he just has to go because it's inevitable anyway. Probably on good terms if there's nothing wrong with what she's doing. But if he finds a guy he actually wants to be with and he does too then just go for it, same with women. He doesn't even have to be gay or put a label on himself like that, he can just do what he feels.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
On a more serious note, it is possible to be attracted to both men and women. Not to stop him from some healthy introspection, but just because he finds Brad Pitt sexy doesn't mean he can't find his girlfriend sexy as well.
if this is srs, im almost positive there's a thread dedicated to gays here. post it there for more legit responses
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by lncognito
On a more serious note, it is possible to be attracted to both men and women. Not to stop him from some healthy introspection, but just because he finds Brad Pitt sexy doesn't mean he can't find his girlfriend sexy as well.

This.

I am very straight but Brad Pitt is hot as hell. I also look at other men and think they're hot. However I don't get turned on by them.

Being bi would be cool, I mean, unless he was lying to himself about liking girls then what is the problem other than his awful parents beliefs and values. In a way it might turn his girlfriend on, I mean, if i had a bi girlfriend that would be amazing...
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by the bartender

If he is unsure then he should try to figure it out for himself first, although talking to you about it might indicate that he is actually confident about it to some degree. If he is confident about being gay then you should advise him to come out for it to his parents and gf, there is no point in living a lie.

Quote by Weaponized
I think Brad Pitt is very attractive and I'm not gay

Same here though, I'm not gay, I know I'm not, but it's not gay if you know another man is attractive. Nothing gay about that.
Quote by the bartender

thnx blad

Quote by Nero Galon

I am very straight...

Brad Pitt is hot as hell
I also look at other men and think they're hot
Men are often sexier than women
Being bi would be cool

Are you sure you're very straight?

Quote by Dimarzio45
Love that intro.

Yeah you know it.

Quote by Dimarzio45
Did he mention anything specifically about his girlfriend issues?

He basically implied he wishes she was a man.
The king stay the king
Advice? The Pit?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Best looking homeless person i have ever seen
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

right ali what's wrong w/ u dude

his face is how your post makes me feel
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
It should be renamed The Brad Pitt, everyone is so obsessed with the guy hahahahahah ha hah a lol!! lmfao
The king stay the king
As the person with the highest post in the Gay Thread I feel it is my duty to give you the answers you seek.

Figuring out your sexuality is a personal journey of self discovery, so it's really hard to give someone advice on how to do it. It's best to just tell him to explore his emotions and not be afraid to dig into who he is and what he likes. He will figure it out eventually. Everyone goes at their own pace.

As far as coming out to his parents goes, that really just depends on his parents and his situation as a whole. Really there's no correct way to do it. Dealing with religious parents can be really difficult (or so I've heard, this wasn't a problem for me). The best you can do is support him.

And just because he likes dudes doesn't mean he's gay, if he's still attracted to women I don't see how that would break his girlfriend's heart. If he's full on gay tho, it's better to break things off with her. It may break her heart, but it's not healthy for either of them to be in a relationship built on a huge lie.

So yeah. This advice was probably unhelpful because I'm about to pass out.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
As the person with the highest post in the Gay Thread I feel it is my duty to give you the answers you seek.

Figuring out your sexuality is a personal journey of self discovery, so it's really hard to give someone advice on how to do it. It's best to just tell him to explore his emotions and not be afraid to dig into who he is and what he likes. He will figure it out eventually. Everyone goes at their own pace.

As far as coming out to his parents goes, that really just depends on his parents and his situation as a whole. Really there's no correct way to do it. Dealing with religious parents can be really difficult (or so I've heard, this wasn't a problem for me). The best you can do is support him.

And just because he likes dudes doesn't mean he's gay, if he's still attracted to women I don't see how that would break his girlfriend's heart. If he's full on gay tho, it's better to break things off with her. It may break her heart, but it's not healthy for either of them to be in a relationship built on a huge lie.

So yeah. This advice was probably unhelpful because I'm about to pass out.

Won't pretend I read most of that, but thanks. Big help.
The king stay the king
i dont know anyone who doesnt find pitt attractive. doesnt mean he's gay. he might be bisexual though, seeing as he's still attracted to his girlfriend. If he discovers that he is purely gay though, the parents thing could be kinda tough. One of my friends who came out to his very religious parents discovered that they basically put their own beliefs aside for their kids sometimes
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Mar 26, 2014,
Bring him to a gay bar. Lets see how he mans up there.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
The sign is if it moves due to contact. I know, I've watched Seinfeld
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)