I ordered take-out today from a sit-down restaurant and was wondering if people generally tip the take-out people. Do you tip the take-out people?
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
wtf? why would you? you only tip cause they are serving you and brining you drinks and stuff... TO YOUR TABLE! jeez, common sense, OP.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Some people at the restaurant I work at do. probably just with extra change, but its not very common
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
lol no. they didn't serve you food or refill your drinks. they didn't check to see if your meal was satisfactory.

they just took your money and gave you food.

if the food was delivered then yes. all delivery people should be tipped depending on how they presented themselves and how fast the food arrived.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I tip pretty much everywhere I eat; bars, restaurants, fast food joints, corner store. I work at a Tim Hortons and lots of people tip us so I've made a habit of it as well now.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by sashki
Why is bringing food to your table considered tip-worthy, but preparing the food isn't?

I think it's because the kitchen staff are paid a higher wage than the waiting staff.
Sometimes a buck if I feel like it or the girl is cute, it's a nice gesture & it's only a ****in dollar.
Last edited by AxeToFall at Mar 26, 2014,
Quote by sashki
Why is bringing food to your table considered tip-worthy, but preparing the food isn't?

Quote by Malchius
I think it's because the kitchen staff are paid a higher wage than the waiting staff.

As a cook you get a percentage of the tips the servers get. Its smaller then there part, and based on how much of an asset you are to the business (how many lines you know, seniority, experience) and how much money the place made during your shifts, but your hourly wage is usually higher, yeah.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Last edited by Wiegenlied at Mar 26, 2014,
I read that as "trip" and was about to call you a huge dick
Check out my band Disturbed
Depends how long they take. I realize this makes me an asshole, but when you're pissed off and hungry, it's worth it (even if you're delaying eating).

Basically, with delivery people what I do is this: if they make it in the promised 30/45 mins, they keep the change. Less by ten mins? Bigger tip. Ten mins late? You're giving me back every penny owed. An hour late? You're giving me back every penny owed, and I'm pretending that the largest bill that exists in our currency is all I have. Often after this I sit down and eat while they're in the neighborhood hunting down change. I'm not a fan of waiting, and I'm great at petty revenge.
generally no. very occasionally if i'm in some sort of a mood and they were really nice or did something special for me, then i'd tip them.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
NO MORE TIPPING THREADS.

EVENTUAL THREAD REVELATION: CULTURES DIFFER
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o