Hi guys! sorry to ask, but can you help me with this one?

I recently bought a Washburn x24 (It's kind of a rare guitar, i don't know, since i can't seem to find it anywhere other than brazilian pages, and, well, i can't speak portugese)

I bought it as a project guitar, and i want to replace its licensed floyd royse, its nut width seems to be 43mm, but i just don't know what to buy since everything at Floyd Rose has some kind of code, like R3 and R2, and stuff.

I tried to contact washburn via email support days ago, but they seem asleep.
Last edited by Jchm at Mar 27, 2014,
Quote by Jchm
Hi guys! sorry to ask, but can you help me with this one?

I recently bought a Washburn x24 (It's kind of a rare guitar, i don't know, since i can't seem to find it anywhere other than brazilian pages, and, well, i can't speak portugese)

I bought it as a project guitar, and i want to replace its licensed floyd royse, its nut width seems to be 43mm, but i just don't know what to buy since everything at Floyd Rose has some kind of code, like R3 and R2, and stuff.

I tried to contact washburn via email support days ago, but they seem asleep.

is it chinese made floyd rose?

this are the widths of the nuts

R2 - 1-5/8" = 42mm
R3 - 1-11/16" = 43 mm
R4 - 1-11/16" =43 mm wide string spacing
R5 - 1-3/4" = 44 mm
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Last edited by Tenebrion at Mar 27, 2014,
Slight correction: the R4 isn't a 43mm nut with extra wide spacing, that nut actually has the string spacing that a 43mm nut is supposed to have.
The R3 nut is actually the odd-one-out, as it is a 43mm nut but has the extra narrow spacing of the 42mm nut.

So if you need a 43mm nut and you want to kep the standard string spacing, you actually do need the R4; it's not wide, it's normal. Get the R3 if you want the strings spaced closer together than normal.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Tenebrion
is it chinese made floyd rose?

this are the widths of the nuts

R2 - 1-5/8" = 42mm
R3 - 1-11/16" = 43 mm
R4 - 1-11/16" =43 mm wide string spacing
R5 - 1-3/4" = 44 mm

I guess so, that lic doesn't even have a name.

Slight correction: the R4 isn't a 43mm nut with extra wide spacing, that nut actually has the string spacing that a 43mm nut is supposed to have. The R3 nut is actually the odd-one-out, as it is a 43mm nut but has the extra narrow spacing of the 42mm nut. So if you need a 43mm nut and you want to kep the standard string spacing, you actually do need the R4; it's not wide, it's normal. Get the R3 if you want the strings spaced closer together than normal.

So i need either R3 or R4, but I only seem to find the R3 one in amazon (I'm not from the US and that's the only site that i can use internationally, lol), what's the difference between a narrow and a normal spacing?

This is my guitar neck

Thanks!
are you sure the two floyds are a direct swap? i'd be more worried about that than the nut.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
are you sure the two floyds are a direct swap? i'd be more worried about that than the nut.

Nce question.

That's the trem it has. (I can't take a pic of mine, my brother has it far away from where i live atm, and well, he can't send me a pic.)

kind of hard to say for sure without measuring it. it looks a little bigger from front to back than a floyd (though that would probably work in your favour). Studs are the other thing, you can't see what size the studs are from the pic.

there are routing templates with dimensions on the floyd rose site, but that's only any use if you have the guitar in your hand
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?