Page 1 of 2
first off, i have an 808, timmy, zendrive, MI Audio Blues pro, and OCD.

i understand that there are several different types due to circuitry. symmetrical clipping asymmetrical clipping, i know that claims are that some can hear the difference between the two, some can't. i also know that most of the OD pedals are basically tweaked tubescreamers, some i like some i don't.

then there is the Klon. i know EHX has thiers out but i think i will possibly get a Klone (note the klone .

i feel i need them for a few different reasons. one, the way my rig is set up (rather large and split between my two houses) but i am looking for something a little different.

what are some thoughts about the voodoo lab sparkle drive? they are cheap and last time i heard one it wasn't bad. any thoughts on that? i have other voodoo lab products and have been satisfied.

budget- up to $200 but wouldn't mind less.
genre i would like something that is more of a variable of amount of gain. as i may use it as more of a boost for a lead, or something to tighten up an amp.

thanks and

i am still holding out to wait for the right amp, so this may go on the backup burner, but either way i need it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Talk to Matt.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Talk to Matt.

i was pondering asking him. i just wasn't sure if he did more custom type stuff because i see he has a lot of boards (not that thats a bad thing necessarily) but i don't know if he would do it. i will PM him tomorrow.

i don't know if Tim is building. i am very happy with what he has built, but i thought he may have said he was on hiatus.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Have you looked at the Biyang OD-10? Supposed to switch between 808/9/something else.

Or possibly the CMAT Signa?

Might as well grab the EHX Soul Food, it's cheap enough and it's the flavor you don't have. I was watching a Soul Food vs KTR video the other day, and considering the price gap, the Soul Food stacks up VERY well. The EHX is a little darker, and I actually think it sounds BETTER for it. But obviously tastes and ears differ...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Mar 27, 2014,
Ones i own & like:

T. Rex MAB Overdrive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqHlhJcIilk&sns=em

Red Witch Famulus:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Famulus/

Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JekyllHyde/

I'd also consider the Pigtronix Fat Drive or Fat Philosopher, having gained respect for them with my ownership of some of their other pedals.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FatDrive
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FatPhilos/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 27, 2014,
Matt's got his own Klon board he designed and had printed. You know what his boards are like. He may have a spare kicking around. I'd ask him. He's the resident Klon expert anyway. He'll tell you what all the fwd biases have to be and all manner of seemingly insignificant details. He's the man.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Can't go wrong with the Xotic BB Preamp.

Or the underrated Hardwire CM2 overdrive. Gritty and great as a low-mid gainer. I bought mine for $50.
the sparkle drive is just a ts with a clean blend, isn't it? some people love it, some don't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i don't know if Tim is building. i am very happy with what he has built, but i thought he may have said he was on hiatus.

I was shocked to hear this, but Tim collected money from and never sent a pedal to a member here. Blacklisted, in my mind... Not that I'd ever buy a pedal from that far away anyway.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
the sparkle drive is just a ts with a clean blend, isn't it? some people love it, some don't.

Yup. An 808. I really like mine.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Check out Rawk Works light drive or night drive
www.rawkworks.com
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by LaidBack
Yup. An 808. I really like mine.

Yeah I liked the one I tried too, but I've heard some people didn't
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
damn! thanks for all of your thoughts. i will go over them all and i will start checking demos.

i have considered the CMATMODS Signa.

as far as the Voodoo Lab sparkle drive, could i get a little more detailed of what it does with how the function works with the clean boost gain sustaining.

i am going to keep going.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Robbgnarly
www.rawkworks.com

2:10 at this video, right after he turns the tone down. nice. thanks. http://www.rawkworks.com/#!light-od/cyi7

thanks Rob!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Robbgnarly
www.rawkworks.com

Pretty cool!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by tubetime86
I was shocked to hear this, but Tim collected money from and never sent a pedal to a member here. Blacklisted, in my mind... Not that I'd ever buy a pedal from that far away anyway.

that is low. what he made me was very nice and for $120 a zendrive and timmy, both well built. the shipping was like $15 and took a few weeks.

he has lost any potential business from me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by tubetime86

Agreed.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Dave_Mc

what does the "clean blend" do? from what i have seen and heard good tone from it. (obviously not in my rig, but i take risks sometimes.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Paroxysm
Can't go wrong with the Xotic BB Preamp.

Or the underrated Hardwire CM2 overdrive. Gritty and great as a low-mid gainer. I bought mine for $50.

is the BB Preamp based off of anything common? i will look into it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I don't know of any pedal that sounds like a BB preamp, and vice-versa. Although people said it's similar to having a Marshall in a box (but how would I know, I owned a Mesa Tremoverb ). It is nothing like a tubescreamer: the BB have more gain on tap, a bit more compressed and does not boost up the mid like a tubescreamer. If I would to compare it to, say, your OCD, the BB preamp would be "closed" instead of "open".

But its EQ makes it a very versatile pedal regardless. I used it for low gain, to tightening up my amp, and playing leads (how I have mine set up ATM). Xotic also made a BB preamp with a mid control knob and the BB Preamp + if you want more options to play with. If you're patient, you can score a used one for around $100, or the + version around $150-180 as they are $250 new.
Quote by tubetime86

wait what?
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by trashedlostfdup

i have considered the CMATMODS Signa.

it's just a glorified tubescreamer as well, as far as i'm aware.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
what does the "clean blend" do? from what i have seen and heard good tone from it. (obviously not in my rig, but i take risks sometimes.

i think it just lets you put some of your clean, unaffected signal in as well. bit like (i presume) on delay pedals etc. with a wet/dry mix knob.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
is the BB Preamp based off of anything common? i will look into it.

I think so, but I can't remember what. most of the other xotic ones are based on something. normally a fair bit changed, though, so that doesn't necessarily mean it'll sound the same. I have the mooer pure boost (which is allegedly an RC boost clone), and it's TS-based, but tweaked enough that it doesn't really sound anything like a TS.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Paroxysm
I don't know of any pedal that sounds like a BB preamp, and vice-versa. Although people said it's similar to having a Marshall in a box (but how would I know, I owned a Mesa Tremoverb ). It is nothing like a tubescreamer: the BB have more gain on tap, a bit more compressed and does not boost up the mid like a tubescreamer. If I would to compare it to, say, your OCD, the BB preamp would be "closed" instead of "open".

But its EQ makes it a very versatile pedal regardless. I used it for low gain, to tightening up my amp, and playing leads (how I have mine set up ATM). Xotic also made a BB preamp with a mid control knob and the BB Preamp + if you want more options to play with. If you're patient, you can score a used one for around $100, or the + version around $150-180 as they are $250 new.

I agree. No other pedal I've tried sounds like my BB Xotic. Most of you guys know I'm not a big pedal guy, & seldom use them, but the pedals I'll never sell are my OCD & BB Xotic. There's such a wide range of sounds available between them. The OCD seems more alive & raw sounding to me, where the BB is smooth & warm as can be, but you can dial in quite a bit of bite, & responds extremely well to your pick attack. The BB is definitely worth a test drive if you can find one to try.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by Arby911

Let Tim tell his side of the story at least.

He's not that kind of guy. Had loads of dealings and work done for him, he'll always honor what ever it is he's doing. Toyroom wasn't in business during that time anyway IIRC.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt

He's not that kind of guy. Had loads of dealings and work done for him, he'll always honor what ever it is he's doing. Toyroom wasn't in business during that time anyway IIRC.

i will at least entertain his side.

if i was in aussie it be easier, but im in the US, that is enough to bother with.

that bbxotic i think wins.

i will hopefully find somebody who wants to sell a Solodano SLO for the right price.

$200 to a point is pocket change but its harder to get the money in bulk for something much more expensive.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I repeat, talk to Matt.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i will at least entertain his side.

if i was in aussie it be easier, but im in the US, that is enough to bother with.

that bbxotic i think wins.

i will hopefully find somebody who wants to sell a Solodano SLO for the right price.

$200 to a point is pocket change but its harder to get the money in bulk for something much more expensive.

Talk to Matt or get the BB.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by Eppicurt

why was toyroom out of business for that time? i also didn't see Tim on here for quite a while (not accusing) but i was looking for some stuff but i didn't see Tim active on here a ton.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
why was toyroom out of business for that time? i also didn't see Tim on here for quite a while (not accusing) but i was looking for some stuff but i didn't see Tim active on here a ton.

Only Tim can answer that. I assume because he works full time/other personal shit.

He probably hasn't been on because PBT as of recently has been dead because we're all busy and got other stuff going on. That's mostly the reason why I don't really hang around much either.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Only Tim can answer that. I assume because he works full time/other personal shit.

He probably hasn't been on because PBT as of recently has been dead because we're all busy and got other stuff going on. That's mostly the reason why I don't really hang around much either.

yea but if its a serious business, you stay active or you inform your customers. if all of a sudden my business locked the door and looked closed, that in my scerio would be $20k or so that day, then people may think i am closed and not come back for a while, you lose more money. if you are in a serious business thats what you do. i worked 60+ hours a week at my larger business for a long time. i needed to do it. now maybe 20. i have a good manager who is capable of managing my other employees so i don't have to.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by greeny23
His beef is with USPS and Australia post..

Seriously just slag my name for word of mouth?

You're a bunch of fanny pirates.

You bother telling him that?

Quote by trashedlostfdup
yea but if its a serious business, you stay active or you inform your customers. if all of a sudden my business locked the door and looked closed, that in my scerio would be $20k or so that day, then people may think i am closed and not come back for a while, you lose more money. if you are in a serious business thats what you do. i worked 60+ hours a week at my larger business for a long time. i needed to do it. now maybe 20. i have a good manager who is capable of managing my other employees so i don't have to.

In no way is this meant to be derogatory, but I don't think it was a serious business. He always made it clear that he had a lot of other priorities.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Mar 29, 2014,
Quote by greeny23
His beef is with USPS and Australia post..

Seriously just slag my name for word of mouth?

You're a bunch of fanny pirates.

I think everybody here is more than willing to listen to your side, but all we've got so far is that you wouldn't return emails and he didn't get his product.

I have no personal axe to grind here, if there's a reasonable explanation I've no doubt this can be resolved in the interests of both parties.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Can't remember for sure but I think BB stands for the Blues Breaker, or something along those lines. There are 3 or 4 versions of that pedal including a Andy Timmons Sig pedal.
Quote by tubetime86
You bother telling him that?

In no way is this meant to be derogatory, but I don't think it was a serious business. He always made it clear that he had a lot of other priorities.

I never got an email saying he hadn't got it. He didn't get it once because it came back to me, so I sent it again. Don't go blacklisting my name off stories of it happened to a friend of a friend of mine. I've had enough people try to scam me by saying "my gear never came refund please" only to see them sell it on eBay a week later.

Yes, it is not a serious business. I notified Facebook and my website. I was away from here for life things. Travelling, socialising etc. same reason I stopped building.

I do it for fun, I'm not obliged to build pedals because someone says I have to.

I'm on an ipad so typing long shit is hard. Any questions.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
I never got an email saying he hadn't got it. He didn't get it once because it came back to me, so I sent it again. Don't go blacklisting my name off stories of it happened to a friend of a friend of mine. I've had enough people try to scam me by saying "my gear never came refund please" only to see them sell it on eBay a week later.

That's cool. I didn't think you were the type to be dishonest, just from your posts here. However, Gumbi is not 'a friend of a friend' he's a trusted member of our community, at least to me. Maybe it's all a misunderstanding, and it seems that's the case, but I have a hard time believing that an intelligent guy like Gumbi gave up attempting to reach you and you were totally unaware he was even trying. Sorry dude.

Maybe it was just poor communication, perhaps even beyond your control, but that still doesn't give me confidence to purchase from you.

Quote by greeny23
Yes, it is not a serious business. I notified Facebook and my website. I was away from here for life things. Travelling, socialising etc. same reason I stopped building.

I do it for fun, I'm not obliged to build pedals because someone says I have to.

I'm on an ipad so typing long shit is hard. Any questions.

Totally understand that. You have talent, from what I've heard, but from reading your posts your talent isn't limited to pedal building. I think everyone understands that.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
That's cool. I didn't think you were the type to be dishonest, just from your posts here. However, Gumbi is not 'a friend of a friend' he's a trusted member of our community, at least to me. Maybe it's all a misunderstanding, and it seems that's the case, but I have a hard time believing that an intelligent guy like Gumbi gave up attempting to reach you and you were totally unaware he was even trying. Sorry dude.

Maybe it was just poor communication, perhaps even beyond your control, but that still doesn't give me confidence to purchase from you.

Totally understand that. You have talent, from what I've heard, but from reading your posts your talent isn't limited to pedal building. I think everyone understands that.

Regardless of who he is, i don't know him at all.

So i can't trust someone on word of mouth.

It's hard to distinguish scams from genuine unfortunate incidents.

Some people have a bad experience with Boss, and they boycott them. Doesn't stock the other millions of people buying their pedals. I don't sell millions, but i still have a loyal customer base.

Just hard seeing shit from guys i don't know and have never had dealings with talking smack., especially when all the guys on UG have always had pretty sizeable discounts in my builds.

Keep in mind though, UG is personal for me. I don't come here to sell shit or anything. I come here for fun.
mojostompboxes.com
I totally understand and believe me I don't want to unduly tarnish your name either. I've always respected your knowledge and talent, I was shocked to hear of an issue (as I stated in my initial mention of it). I sent you a PM offering to keep this out of public threads, maybe you didn't get that either?

You seem to be arguing a different point now, though... Did you not see his emails, or did you not trust their sincerity? You've said both. Have you now sent him an email to try to resolve the issue? He's a good guy and seems to be OK with just moving on and not making a big deal out of it. That hardly sounds like a scammer to me.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Page 1 of 2