My pedal board is currently on it's way back to my hometown from touring and I don't want to stop playing guitar just because of it. Does anyone know of any plug-in VST's for pedal boards. Just looking to play around it with.

I know there's ones like Guitar Rig but I'm looking for one where you don't have to pay for extra pedals. Just a simple to use, add pedals in (doesn't matter if they're branded or not) and play. If you need more detail on what I am looking for, simply reply.

Thank You
Do you want something you can just use as a plug-in, and play your guitar through your computer, or do you want something you can run out of your computer and into your amp's effects loop return?

If it's the former, depends what effects you want - any amp sim will do overdrive/distortion unless it's modelling a particular clean amp. If you want chorus/phaser/whatever modulation effects, just find those as general plug-ins and put them after the amp sim in your channel in the mixer (most DAWs even have their own basic modulation stuff) and if you want a delay, most delay plug-ins are more comprehensive than pedal stuff anyway and will be far better, as far as I'm concerned.

It'll cost, but if you already have a Mac, Mainstage is basically what you'd want if you are after the latter type of thing I mentioned in the first paragraph.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Do you want something you can just use as a plug-in, and play your guitar through your computer, or do you want something you can run out of your computer and into your amp's effects loop return?

If it's the former, depends what effects you want - any amp sim will do overdrive/distortion unless it's modelling a particular clean amp. If you want chorus/phaser/whatever modulation effects, just find those as general plug-ins and put them after the amp sim in your channel in the mixer (most DAWs even have their own basic modulation stuff) and if you want a delay, most delay plug-ins are more comprehensive than pedal stuff anyway and will be far better, as far as I'm concerned.

It'll cost, but if you already have a Mac, Mainstage is basically what you'd want if you are after the latter type of thing I mentioned in the first paragraph.

Something more of plug my guitar into my computer and play through it. Just waiting for my effects which will be a while.
Quote by diabolical
Look at LePou

What's that, do you have a link

*EDIT* Found it thanks, i'll check it out
Last edited by FabzGuitar at Mar 27, 2014,
Google 'LePou amp sim' or something - really shouldn't be hard to find He doesn't make effects though, that's just the amp models themselves, and if you use them you'll also need to find some guitar cab impulse responses (you can use LePou's 'LeCab' to load them) to put after the amp sim.

Like I said, if you want actual effects just google for free ones and try them out. There aren't any major ones for modulation effects that are guitar specific, to my knowledge.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Google 'LePou amp sim' or something - really shouldn't be hard to find He doesn't make effects though, that's just the amp models themselves, and if you use them you'll also need to find some guitar cab impulse responses (you can use LePou's 'LeCab' to load them) to put after the amp sim.

Like I said, if you want actual effects just google for free ones and try them out. There aren't any major ones for modulation effects that are guitar specific, to my knowledge.

I found a few. Might add some more some time down the line. Might even record a few demo's in the meantime. Thank you
i like the kjaerhus audio classic series for effects. they dont have everything and they arent guitar specific, but they are solid for free effects. theyve got chorus, phaser, flanger, delay, eq, compressor and maybe a couple more im not remembering. that plus amp sims is a pretty solid start.
Quote by FabzGuitar
I found a few. Might add some more some time down the line. Might even record a few demo's in the meantime. Thank you

No problem, have fun