Has anyone played one of these yet? Was looking at the KVT (It's a Pro series from India with a fixed bridge)

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_kvt_pro_king_v_bk.htm

Was wondering if they were worth the money? I don't think my Gibson goes far enough with the whole pointy thing

But the whole made in India thing is putting me off as I was thinking about another one of the Schecter ATX V-1's but if this would be better than that, I have no idea.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Anything that is in a better series than JS is not made in India, but in either Indonesia or Mexico (if it's a Dinky), but don't quote me on that.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Anything that is in a better series than JS is not made in India, but in either Indonesia or Mexico (if it's a Dinky), but don't quote me on that.

Really? Jackson must have changed their production when I wasn't looking as I thought the Pro series was made in India with the Dinky model being made in Mexico?

Interesting if that's true, as I had no idea.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Seriously though, I don't even care if it's not made in Japan, they look so killer they make LTD and Ibanez look boring. I don't even care if I get a lot of hate for saying that. I sound like a total fanboy, but I'd be willing to buy a KVMG just to look at it. I can't praise whoever designed the aesthetics of those guitars enough.

I've heard from a few people who own the Pro Series Dinky's and Soloists and they say they're very, very happy with them. Everyone is going to be biased no matter what guitar they own though.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 27, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Seriously though, I don't even care if it's not made in Japan, they look so killer they make LTD and Ibanez look boring. I don't even care if I get a lot of hate for saying that. I sound like a total fanboy, but I'd be willing to buy a KVMG just to look at it. I can't praise whoever designed the aesthetics of those guitars enough.

I've heard from a few people who own the Pro Series Dinky's and Soloists and they say they're very, very happy with them.

Only issue I can see with them is my Schecter has Actives and this has passives, so I have no idea how consistent the tone will be for live playing!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Only issue I can see with them is my Schecter has Actives and this has passives, so I have no idea how consistent the tone will be for live playing!

It depends on what you want.

It's difficult to say because there are so many factors that come into it. But I'd rather have my guitars sound different from one another, than to all sound the same, but just be in different tunings.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It depends on what you want.

It's difficult to say because there are so many factors that come into it. But I'd rather have my guitars sound different from one another, than to all sound the same, but just be in different tunings.

True. It's just that I had a KE3 with the Jazz/JB combination in it and I just hated that guitar for the sound of it.

Was just concerned this one would be the same, but I'd be playing it in Drop C. so I'm not sure if that would change things.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
True. It's just that I had a KE3 with the Jazz/JB combination in it and I just hated that guitar for the sound of it.

Was just concerned this one would be the same, but I'd be playing it in Drop C. so I'm not sure if that would change things.

It might change things. Pickups don't react the same way if they're in different tunings.

If you don't want the SD pickups, you could always get the EMG ones and 18V mod them. I prefer those to Blackouts.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It might change things. Pickups don't react the same way if they're in different tunings.

If you don't want the SD pickups, you could always get the EMG ones and 18V mod them. I prefer those to Blackouts.

Was looking at those, but I don't think they come floydless do they?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Was looking at those, but I don't think they come floydless do they?

The RRMG does have a floydless option with EMG's (which is a viable alternative), but the KVMG doesn't if you want EMG's, yet they do give you that option if you want Seymour Duncans, which is really stupid.

Popular demand would very easily make that a thing in the near future though.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Unfortunately the new Pro Series has been known to have some quality control issues. The dinkies have been solid from what I can tell, but the Indonesian ones have been somewhat... inconsistent.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I've heard from a few people who own the Pro Series Dinky's and Soloists and they say they're very, very happy with them. Everyone is going to be biased no matter what guitar they own though.

You can thank Robbin Crosby of 80's hair metal band Ratt for the King V. It was designed for him. (His nickname was King)
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by oneblackened
Unfortunately the new Pro Series has been known to have some quality control issues. The dinkies have been solid from what I can tell, but the Indonesian ones have been somewhat... inconsistent.

Thanks! Guess I'll be posting ANOTHER what guitar thread when my current guitars sell
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Thanks! Guess I'll be posting ANOTHER what guitar thread when my current guitars sell

Imo, I'd be happy to take a chance with a Jackson Pro, and try one before I buy it if at all possible. Where's the fun in playing it safe?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I totally agree with you there. I loved the old Japanese Pro-series for the quality you got for your money, but these ones are worth the asking price just as art. Since they came out I've been keen on the KVMG white/black bevels and the maple fretboard dinkies. Right now I'm keen on the DKA7 7-string.

Quote by oneblackened

Yeah, I've heard the same thing through threads on the JCF and on seventring. When they're right, they're pretty good. But there's been a fair few with 'issues' as well.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

As far as I know...

JS Series - A couple of years ago, all of these were made in India. Some of the newer models have been showing up with Made in China stickers. I don't know whether some models are Indian and some Chinese, or whether they've been shifting production to China.

X Series - When these were introduced, they were all Indian. Then they brought out the X Series SLAT models, and I think those are Indonesian. I've seen one or two models like the limited edition Kelly that are Chinese.

Pro Series - The Dinkies are made in Fender's Mexico factory, the neck throughs are Indonesian. Some of the guys at Jackson haven't been too happy with the quality control at the Indonesian factory, and have stated that they want to move the whole Pro Series to Mexico. I don't think anybody's spotted a neckthrough with a Made in Mexico sticker, so that move probably hasn't happened yet (If it does at all). Still Indonesia at the moment.

It's all a bit complicated!