Howdy guys

So I actually ordered this guitar back in January but I was told at the shop that they were super out of stock and I would have to wait until late February to get it. I said okay, placed my down payment and waited for February to come.

Long story short, it didn't come on time but it's here now and that's the important part!

Lovely box pics:

The prize that's inside:

But yeah, I ended up getting one of them fancy Jackson Pro line guitars. I'm a big Randy Rhoads fan so a white Jackson with sharkfins, pinstripes and binding was a no brainer for me. This one is the RRXMG model so it's neckthrough, probably a basswood body, rosewood boards, FR special, EMG 81, 85 set etc...

The best part though? They actually come with straplocks now so that saves me 20 bucks.

This is my third Jackson so far (had an older MIJ RR3 and a KB Rhoads before) and it's a pretty killer guitar. The finish is really nice, no dings on the corners or shady paint jobs around the binding or the trem cavity. Fret job is pretty good, no sharp ends or anything and they're polished pretty well. I didn't think I was much of an EMG fan but the 81/85 set actually sounds pretty nice so I might keep them for a bit. The weakest part is probably the FR special although after I set it up its been holding its tuning fairly well. Playability wise it's your typical thin shreddy style neck. I can get the action lower compared to my previous Jacksons and it bends smoother so it's a bit easier to play. All in all, it's pretty sweet guitar considering it's made in Indonesia. Mind you, I'm not a super picky dude so YMMV.

Anywho, here's a few more shots and a nice little clip:

http://youtu.be/ekEJxcmA_Pw

I know there's a few threads on the new Pro line so if you have some questions or want more pictures let me know.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Sweet

I'd strongly recommend doing the 18v mod on the EMG's. It's such a simple mod and it's completely reversible, yet improves the EMG's drastically.

What are you planning to do with the bridge once it goes out?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 27, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Sweet

Swap it for a gold OFR
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
You'd need to replace absolutely everything with gold though. It would look really odd if you didn't.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You'd need to replace absolutely everything with gold though. It would look really odd if you didn't.

Oh yeah for sure. Gold tuners, gold locking nut, gold rings, gold knobs.

My body is ready.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Floyd Rose could make you a Titanium FR and matching locking nut for the amazingly low price of $1200!

You'll also need these:

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Floyd Rose could make you a Titanium FR and matching locking nut for the amazingly low price of $1200!

Oh man that sounds amazing. I love buying hardware that costs like 2 of what I just bought.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
HNGD.

I'm a huge Rhoads fan myself and I was planning on getting the same model in a few months

I hate you, I now have more GAS for ANOTHER V.

After just buying my Schecter too!

HNGD man! Enjoy it!

Where is it made, by the way?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I hate you, I now have more GAS for ANOTHER V.

After just buying my Schecter too!

HNGD man! Enjoy it!

Where is it made, by the way?

thanks, I am!

it's okay, I have 2 Vs right now so join the club.

It's made in Indonesia, dawg.

Quote by darrenram1
HNGD.

I'm a huge Rhoads fan myself and I was planning on getting the same model in a few months

Thanks, hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I do.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
There is going to be a Flying V appreciation thread at this rate.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Better be. I have a few V pics to dump
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Can we have one? That would be boss!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Better be. I have a few V pics to dump

Me too, but I spent it all on the guitar, which leaves nothing for a decent camera. I have to keep borrowing cameras.
Quote by Fisheth24

Explorers should also be allowed.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Me too, but I spent it all on the guitar, which leaves nothing for a decent camera. I have to keep borrowing cameras.

I want to buy a nice camera but I usually spend my cash on gear so that idea gets thrown out the window all of the time. I have to settle for using crappy Iphone or Android cameras and finding places with decent lighting.

Quote by Fisheth24

I don't see why not. We'd probably have to ask a mod first though.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Explorers should also be allowed.

I've got some Explorer pics too
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster

Colin. I've sent you a PM about this. And I'm only half joking.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nice. One day, i want to get a nice Kelly. Also, I can add some hi res explorer pics to the thread too!
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
Nice. One day, i want to get a nice Kelly. Also, I can add some hi res explorer pics to the thread too!

Thanks

Yeah Kellys are sweet. I wanted one of the Marty Friedman ones back in the day.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Great choice looks classy.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Thanks man. Too bad I'm not very classy
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by gregs1020
where's the hookers and blow?

Sitting next to the hairspray and spandex
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Oooooh, nice. I bet i couldn't pull one of those off.

HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

You'll also need these:

someone needs to relic a pair of these and then shove them in an old burst.
Quote by gregs1020

And not a goldtop?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I've got guitars with two cheap Floyds. I have to warn you that it might take longer than you're planning on for them to go out. One's been going strong for five years now (and it's on a guitar that retailed for $279 at Rondo) and the other is on a 1992 Samick Artist Edition. I've had a new gold Schaller sitting on the shelf for seven years, just waiting for the day when it will crap out on me. Still going, still doing flutters, still working great.

One other thing -- consider the Gotoh Floyd rather than the Schaller from Floyd Rose. You might like how the arm connects and stays put better, and it may be slightly better quality.
Quote by dspellman
I've got guitars with two cheap Floyds. I have to warn you that it might take longer than you're planning on for them to go out. One's been going strong for five years now (and it's on a guitar that retailed for $279 at Rondo) and the other is on a 1992 Samick Artist Edition. I've had a new gold Schaller sitting on the shelf for seven years, just waiting for the day when it will crap out on me. Still going, still doing flutters, still working great.

One other thing -- consider the Gotoh Floyd rather than the Schaller from Floyd Rose. You might like how the arm connects and stays put better, and it may be slightly better quality.

Yeah, if that's the case I might swap them out sooner.

Quote by gregs1020

The JH set would look better fo sho.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Nice. I hope to pick one up in a few months. I was worried that they would do a lazy job on the paint and finish, but yours look awesome.
Thanks guys

I'll probably take a few more shots later today when its nicer out.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster