Page 4 of 93
I personally don't feel much of a difference between 24.75 and 25.5

I have long, thin piano fingers, so I can play on most scale lengths comfortably.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Why the heck did you buy one in the first place then. The scale length wasn't 25.5 when you bought it

PS I'm just busting your balls.

Aha, yeah! I know. I hadn't really researched the guitar. Was an impulse buy
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I personally don't feel much of a difference between 24.75 and 25.5

I have long, thin piano fingers, so I can play on most scale lengths comfortably.

I don't feel a difference either. It's all comfy for me.

I wish I had long piano fingers.

Quote by Fisheth24
Aha, yeah! I know. I hadn't really researched the guitar. Was an impulse buy

I dont think much research is needed to know that Gibson Vs dont have 24 frets and a longer scale.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Apr 1, 2014,
It doesn't take much research to know how much you'll hate yourself for selling it either.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It doesn't take much research to know how much you'll hate yourself for selling it either.

Totally.

I've had more guitars than the value of my age. The ones I wished I kept weren't the expensive ones, they were just nice guitars that ended up being victims of my weekly whims.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Just came back from a rehersal. I miss playing guitar in a band now...

I play bass.

Feel free to start ignoring my posts...
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Just came back from a rehersal. I miss playing guitar in a band now...

I play bass.

Feel free to start ignoring my posts...

The last band I was in, I answered an ad on a local forum looking for a guitar player. They rented some rehearsal space for a fucking try-out.

Ended up smoking their guitar player, who couldn't even play his OWN songs right. Stereotypical terribad player with a Laney LX series SS amp and a Squier IIRC. The bass player was multi-tasking as a singer and I don't really remember the drummer. I thought they'd be alright since the singer won a few band comps but they were god awful. I don't consider myself too experienced in bands either so when I come and I'm more prepared than you it's a bit worrying. Wrote a few songs for them (which I'm pretty sure they performed without me) and then split.

Actually that's not true, I stayed until I tried macking on the singer and she told me she had a boyfriend.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The last band I was in, I answered an ad on a local forum looking for a guitar player. They rented some rehearsal space for a fucking try-out.

Ended up smoking their guitar player, who couldn't even play his OWN songs right. Stereotypical terribad player with a Laney LX series SS amp and a Squier IIRC. The bass player was multi-tasking as a singer and I don't really remember the drummer. I thought they'd be alright since the singer won a few band comps but they were god awful. I don't consider myself too experienced in bands either so when I come and I'm more prepared than you it's a bit worrying. Wrote a few songs for them (which I'm pretty sure they performed without me) and then split.

Actually that's not true, I stayed until I tried macking on the singer and she told me she had a boyfriend.

Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Hey man, if you saw her you'd think it was worth a shot too!

But yeah, moral of the story is if you're going to suffer through a crap band for some poontang, make sure it's available first.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Apr 1, 2014,
Figured I'd stop by and join the thread. Here's my Jackson Kelly KE3

Was super surprised at how happy I was when I got this. I got it in a trade and thought I would end up selling or trading it but it's become my main guitar. Japanese guitars ftw.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Ooooo man, nice color on the Kelly.

Love me some redheads.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I love this thread, so much pr0nz
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I blew all my load on the first page like some n00b.

Thinking about refinishing my Epiphone into a Schenker style V. It would be a bitch to get a proper guard for it though so I might just sell it and try to find a 68 version or save up for a Faded Gibby.

Then I'll Schenker it because I like ruining everything I own
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I blew all my load on the first page like some n00b.

Thinking about refinishing my Epiphone into a Schenker style V. It would be a bitch to get a proper guard for it though so I might just sell it and try to find a 68 version or save up for a Faded Gibby.

Then I'll Schenker it because I like ruining everything I own

*hands you my faded Gibby*
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
*hands you my faded Gibby*

I don't think you'd want an Epiphone for a Gibson

Especially since I have to toss a new nut on it cause the previous owner had it on a slant so the high E is still touching the frets when the action is cranked up. Also has some wiring issues that I haven't gotten around to.

Looks awesome though. Great fretwork and the neck feels nice [love Epi V necks btw]. It's almost like the guitar was never played aside from the electronics stuff and the wonky nut. Like it looks brand new.

I'm also doing the unmanliest thing right now. I'm cleaning the tarnish off my flute.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I don't think you'd want an Epiphone for a Gibson

Especially since I have to toss a new nut on it cause the previous owner had it on a slant so the high E is still touching the frets when the action is cranked up. Also has some wiring issues that I haven't gotten around to.

Looks awesome though. Great fretwork and the neck feels nice [love Epi V necks btw]. It's almost like the guitar was never played aside from the electronics stuff and the wonky nut. Like it looks brand new.

I'm also doing the unmanliest thing right now. I'm cleaning the tarnish off my flute.

Wat?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Wat?

Had a flute in highschool, was gonna get rid of it on Kijiji and the silver is friggin brown

Not to mention all the keys are out of whack so I had to take the damn thing apart with one of them jeweler screwdrivers and fix up the threads and shit. Not fun when you're half blind.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I'm wondering if anyone can point me to an Explorer from any manufacturer that meets the following criteria:

Classic Gibson shape with a hockey stick headstock (not a Kelly or super-pointy version)
25.5" scale
24 frets
Fast, set neck with a flat radius
Floyd Rose

The Epiphone Futura Prophecy is about the only thing I've found so far. Any other ideas?
Quote by Not a Les Paul
I'm wondering if anyone can point me to an Explorer from any manufacturer that meets the following criteria:

Classic Gibson shape with a hockey stick headstock (not a Kelly or super-pointy version)
25.5" scale
24 frets
Floyd Rose

The Epiphone Futura Prophecy is about the only thing I've found so far. Any other ideas?

Dean Dave Mustaine Zero or Peavey Rotor EXP. Nothing that's super traditional in looks though. The Mustaine is probably what you want aside from the headstock I guess unless somebody has any other ideas.

Or the futura.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Gonna go to bed, if I look at this thread any longer the GAS will be hard and well, furious.

Night folks!

I expect more pronz tomorrow!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Later!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Not a Les Paul

25.5" scale
24 frets
Floyd Rose

The Futura Prophecy is honestly a good guitar. Its neck is comparable in thickness to the Ibanez Wizard necks and the satin finish feels really nice. Although the upper fret access isn't great. It's a rather heavy guitar in weight too, it's pushing over 9lbs. Mine has a killer top on it though, and although the fretboard is rosewood, it feels a lot like ebony, it's the most ebony-feeling rosewood I've ever used.

I'm primarily a lead player, and although 24 frets on a guitar is OK, I never, ever use them. Bending to a high E can easily be done on a 22 fret guitar, so a guitar not having 24 frets is honestly not a deal killer imo. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 1, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The Futura Prophecy is honestly a good guitar. Its neck is comparable in thickness to the Ibanez Wizard necks and the satin finish feels really nice. Although the upper fret access isn't great. It's a rather heavy guitar in weight too, it's pushing over 9lbs. Mine has a killer top on it though, and although the fretboard is rosewood, it feels a lot like ebony, it's the most ebony-feeling rosewood I've ever used.

I'm primarily a lead player, and although 24 frets on a guitar is OK, I never, ever use them. Bending to a high E can easily be done on a 22 fret guitar, so a guitar not having 24 frets is honestly not a deal killer imo. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

It really is a good guitar, played one in Guitar Guitar the other day, (It was second hand) was tempted to do it.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Nom.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Wouldn't pay that myself. No idea about American pricing but it's that like 500/600 in the UK?

The guitars are only £350 or so new over here I think?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Yep.

Ripoff.

Fyi $700 = £420
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 5, 2014,
Whoever pays that much for it is a moron.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yep.

Ripoff.

Fyi $700 = £420

Blaze it.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Just put a dent in the back of the neck of my Schecter.

I have no idea how I did it. Now it's unplayable for me at the tenth fret, should I try to return it or would they not let me due to my own idiocy?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Just put a dent in the back of the neck of my Schecter.

I have no idea how I did it. Now it's unplayable for me at the tenth fret, should I try to return it or would they not let me due to my own idiocy?

Most likely will happen. IIRC most don't cover on finish issues, especially something like a ding which is pretty obviously not a finish flaw.

As for how it got there, could be if you where rings, could be a lot of things.

What do you mean by unplayable, did you attack it with a sledgehammer?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Most likely will happen. IIRC most don't cover on finish issues, especially something like a ding which is pretty obviously not a finish flaw.

As for how it got there, could be if you where rings, could be a lot of things.

What do you mean by unplayable, did you attack it with a sledgehammer?

Just really uncomfortable to play, it's litterally a dip in the back of the neck now. Probably will get used to it.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Just really uncomfortable to play, it's litterally a dip in the back of the neck now. Probably will get used to it.

Hopefully you'll get used to it.

Take care of your shit better!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
THere is actually one relatively simple solution to that.

If you have a soldering iron, great. Use it.

Take a small piece of a damp cloth and wet it fairly generously. Then fold it over several times and place it on top of the dent. Then put the hot soldering iron on top of the cloth. The idea is to get the steam created by the hot iron into the dent. This'll cause the dent to swell, causing it to rise back to where it's meant to be.

If you're having trouble getting the steam in there because of the finish on top of the dent, pick the paint off the top of the dent and later re-fill the dent with a spot of black lacquer.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 5, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Take a small piece of a damp cloth and wet it fairly generously. Then fold it over several times and place it on top of the dent. Then put the hot soldering iron on top of the cloth. The idea is to get the steam created by the hot iron into the dent. This'll cause the dent to swell, causing it to rise back to where it's meant to be.

Will that effect the finish on the back of the neck?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

If you're having trouble getting the steam in there because of the finish on top of the dent, pick the paint off the top of the dent and later re-fill the dent with a spot of black lacquer.

Erm... isn't that moreso for raw woods? I can imagine you wrecking a guitar finish pretty quick that way if you don't know what you're doing.

I mean, if the dent is a huge deal why not just fill it with a filler?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster