are you enjoying "archer vice" current season as much as prior ISIS seasons? i consider myself an avid archer fan but this season is kinda meh to me. there are some funny moments but overall i miss the spy gimmick. not ready to abandon the show but really not digging the new stuff. how about you?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
About the same. Its watchable maybe not as good but at least theyre trying something different. I wonder if itll ever go back

I enjoy the alligators scenes because theyre my number one fear as well
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I enjoy the show
as long as the writing's good then I'll go with it
but I understand what you mean about missing the spy stuff
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
The season started slow and Pam got pretty annoying after a couple episodes with the cocaine addiction, but the last three or four episodes have been legitimately hilarious. The Rules of Extraction is one of my favorite episodes the show has ever done, period.

Plus, it's been announced that next season they're going back to the spy format. I'm glad about that, Archer Vice is great but I couldn't see it working long-term.
Quote by Wiegenlied
About the same. Its watchable maybe not as good but at least theyre trying something different. I wonder if itll ever go back

I enjoy the alligators scenes because theyre my number one fear as well

Adam Reed has already stated that they're going back to the spy format next season. Very glad to hear it, TBH. This season has been painfully slow.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Adam Reed has already stated that they're going back to the spy format next season. Very glad to hear it, TBH.

that is good news!
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I tried to watch the first episode and it was american dad except stupid
¯\_()_/¯
Opinion invalidated.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
It's been ok. Still hysterical, but just missing something

Glad they're going back to original format next season.

Also Pam's addiction was absolutely unbearable.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 27, 2014,
Quote by CaptainCanti

americad dad is way worse than archer ;_;
Quote by CaptainCanti
I spelled it right dingus

Yeah but you suggested Archer is stupid, but American Dad isn't. Come on.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I'm just holding out for next season.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I like the new season, not the latest episode but the one before it was one of the funniest in the series, IMHO. I was cracking up the entire time. This season was slow to get going, but I feel like it's found its momentum.
My God, it's full of stars!
I'm a season behind. I don't have cable so I just buy the last season on Amazon when it comes out.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I haven't watched archer since like season 2. I better catch up.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I feel like Lana was a real good character and that the whole baby thing has resulted in focus shifting away from her and letting Pam, a really shitty character, to step into the spotlight.
I haven't watched the new series yet. I like to wait until they're all done so I can binge...
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Well I just watched episode 8 and 9 last night, and episode 8 was probably top 5 of the entire show. Anything with Archer and crocodiles is amazing
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I thought the last 2 were better than the first ones this season. I like when Archer does the rampage stuff. Still one of my favourite shows though.

Yeah also not really into the pam coke thing (completely unrealistic, even 1 g of pure coke in less than an hr would send anyone to the hospital) or the country singing, have to see where that leads.
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 28, 2014,
I remember trying to get my friend into this show and thinking "why do I like this show" after a few episodes
I mean, it's still good and I'm still enjoying it but it lost a lot of its original appeal for me. And not because of the lack of spy themes - I think the episodes just aren't written as well as they could be.

For starters, the entire group has become completely incompetent this season. We all know they were never a truly functional spy agency but in the first for seasons they still managed to pull of a good portion of the stuff they attempted. It kinda followed the 'Semi-thought out plan > Sterling fucks it up by being drunk and/or an asshole > Sterling manages to pull it off by being drunk and/or an asshole' and that's what made it great.

Now it's just 'Failure > Failure > Failure' which isn't bad in essence but it's just done so predictably that it starts to bore and annoy me.

And don't get me started on Pam. She's just gotten so annoying that I want to personally put a bullet in her head. She literally fucks everything up and has eaten so much of their cocaine it's unreal - most of the crew is supposed to hate her or at least sort of dislike her so there is no logical reason for why Mallory hasn't shot her brains out already, given all the money losses due to her addiction.

So far she has been the biggest thorn in their side by a long shot and they do nothing about it. And yet in the first season* Archer brought her down to the ground and beat her with her dolphin thingy just for doing her job.

I dunno, I guess a TL;DR would be:

I wouldn't mind the take they did on the series if it was done properly, but it's just executed in a way that makes me wonder what could have been if they just put more thought in the plot-line.

Edit: Oh yeah, the last couple of episodes were cool though. Loved the jungle one. And I don't know why but I'm really liking the whole country singer thing - probably because the songs she sang so far were genuinely great.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Mar 28, 2014,
Get it awn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAQpR3RX84U

Quote by CaptainCanti

I would probably yell at you if you weren't so cool about dogs.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Mar 28, 2014,
I'm a huge fan of Adam Reed and Matt Thompson. Frisky Dingo is my second favorite animated sitcom (after Futurama).

But I have to admit that they are really fucking up this Archer season. Lana having a baby is stupid and has made her take a backseat the entire time. Pam is just annoying on every level now. "Cherlene" is dumb idea and the only good part of this country singer arc has been the rocket pop up the ass. Mallory as a character doesn't really work outside the context of a spy agency, why they still take her lead when she allegedly isn't even the one that got the coke in the first place is beyond me.

The Archer, Ray, and Cyril dynamic has been really funny though. And it's good to see Ray actually get some screen time for once. Same with Krieger. This is the only season where I feel like they've utilized him enough.

So overall I'd say it's been really shitty so far. The Rules of Extraction is a great episode though.
Saw there was an Archer thread. I have never actually watched an episode but I wanted to say one thing:

DAAAAANGER ZONE!
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
The Archer, Ray, and Cyril dynamic has been really funny though. And it's good to see Ray actually get some screen time for once. Same with Krieger. This is the only season where I feel like they've utilized him enough.

I haven't seen the new season, but this is what's going to make or break it for me. I hope the writers realize that Krieger is unquestionably the best character on the show.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by GuitarGod_92

When Krieger was selling cocaine online and they cut to his hologram wife trying to box it up I ****ing lost it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I haven't seen the new season, but this is what's going to make or break it for me. I hope the writers realize that Krieger is unquestionably the best character on the show.

Oh they know. And restraining him to only a few jokes an episode is their way of keeping him mysterious.