Page 3 of 1000
Quote by Demon Wolf
I never fast travelled because sailing everywhere was just awesome

I loved nighttime, the crew singing as you sailed through silent, dark waters

For the next game they need to make the hunting not be a minigame, and include it in the world. So you'll just spot whales or sharks or whatever, and engage them right from the ship, equip a harpoon or whatevs

Or you can not be lame and mortar the ****s like a champ. Be the most MLG pirate ever.

Quote by metacarpi
Just finished Ground Zeroes main mission. Got a B cos I had to kill a couple of fools, and had a couple of retries.

Not bad for a non-MGS fan I feel!

I got an E on my first go. Too much dicking around trying to see how the game worked

It really is a superb little stealth game. Makes me want to play the full thing.
if i get the job i applied for i am buying Ground Zeroes but can't justify it atm
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
if i get the job i applied for i am buying Ground Zeroes but can't justify it atm

Yeah I wouldn't buy it on a budget, it's more of a "nice to have" rather than a "this is MGSV and you have to play it". It is very nice to have though.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Yeah I wouldn't buy it on a budget, it's more of a "nice to have" rather than a "this is MGSV and you have to play it". It is very nice to have though.

Yeah exactly what I thought. Beyond excited for Phantom Pain tho
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
go ahead and add me to the steam list.

UN: DamienEx

Who could have guessed?
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
The used game store near my house is closing down

I went there and was met by a huge line out the front. I waited about 10-15 minutes, got in, and they had about 5 million copies of Dead Island Riptide, Resistance 3, and NHL2014. Not much for PS3. Which sucks, I was hoping for SOMETHING. There was lots of games there for it, but mostly just crap games like Just Dance and that kind of thing. I saw Demon Souls collectors edition there a week ago and was going to buy it, but that was obviously gone. Even the blurays didn't have a lot variety. Tons of Dark Knight, a **** ton of LOTR box sets (which I already have), like 50 copies of The Spirit (which I unfortunately own). Mostly crap movies or movies I have. I did pick up the bluray Indiana Jones Quadrilogy for $30 though. So that's cool.

They did have TONS upon TONS of regular DVDs (buy 1 get 1, and they were $5 each), but **** that. I want blurays :c

I got a PS3 remote for $4.50, though.

It's always a shame to see places like that close. First Blockbuster, now this. EBGames is all we have left..
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

You got ripped off. There are only 3 Indiana Jones movies, silly
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by behind_you
bloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoney

correctamundo
Speaking of ACIV, I just played about an hour of it once I finally got it working. Holy crap it looks good. Or it might just be because the last game I played was Saints Row IV, and that's running on III's engine.
Great looking game for sure.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by WCPhils
You got ripped off. There are only 3 Indiana Jones movies, silly

Silly me, must've been a typo!

Quote by Ichikurosaki
goat simulator is amazing

11/10 tongue physics

I've seen the trailer and a video or two, but what's the point of this game? Do you just **** things up?
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

though its not really a simulator

a better name would have been goat sandbox

^ basically you just go around and destroy shit and use your tongue in a similar fashion to the grapple in just cause
and theres some kind of score system akin to tony hawks
Last edited by Ichikurosaki at Mar 28, 2014,
Goat simulator is actually really stupid because no multiplayer

Really

really

A game as silly as goat simulator, with no multiplayer
ggg1 ggg3

Oh wow, Ground Zeroes is out already? I didn't realize it was actually going to be its own standalone thing. Is it short enough I could get through the story by renting it? Or is it worth the purchase? I'm a big fan of the MGS series, but I've never owned any of the games due to never owning a Playstation.

And what's the verdict on Titanfall? Multiplayer online FPS games are not my go-to choice when I'm bored, but I've been craving something like that recently and I've been eyeing either that or getting Black Ops 1 just to have something when I need my fix.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Speaking of ACIV, I just played about an hour of it once I finally got it working. Holy crap it looks good. Or it might just be because the last game I played was Saints Row IV, and that's running on III's engine.

Yeah, ACIV looks beautiful.

My second favorite AC game as well. Definitely the best Creed in years

EDIT: Buy Titanfall.

Now.

No but really its probably the best FPS in a long, long time. Very balanced, incredibly fun.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Mar 28, 2014,
Quote by archangels

And what's the verdict on Titanfall? Multiplayer online FPS games are not my go-to choice when I'm bored, but I've been craving something like that recently and I've been eyeing either that or getting Black Ops 1 just to have something when I need my fix.

Black Ops 1 is my favorite online shooter ever, but no one really plays it anymore. You can only find games reliably in deathmatch or search & destroy. And those who play are very very good for the most part. You probably wouldn't have very much fun.

Titanfall is so much fun though. Extremely balanced and just very fast paced. Would definitely recommend getting that.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I started playing ES5: Skyrim last night. Almost lost myself in the graphics. Ultra makes everything look so sharp. I am afraid of change though so after my oblivion play through with an Argonian, I made another Argonian again and figured I would be as out of place in this one as I was the last.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by archangels
Oh wow, Ground Zeroes is out already? I didn't realize it was actually going to be its own standalone thing. Is it short enough I could get through the story by renting it? Or is it worth the purchase? I'm a big fan of the MGS series, but I've never owned any of the games due to never owning a Playstation.

Rent it. The main story took me maybe an hour and a half? Seem to be several side missions though, can't comment on how much they add
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by behind_you
bloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoneybloodmoney

So you're telling me to get absolution?
Quote by archangels

Rent unless you're going to play it multiple times. It is extremely good but it's small and built around replayability.

Titanfall is an extremely solid, clever, well designed and all-round fun shooter. It's something really easy to jump in to and enjoy regardless of skill level.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

LotV is going to be miles away, unfortunately. Blizzard are really pushing heroes of the storm and hearthstone right now. Bunch of the key SC2 people are working on the former.

Totally true. I'm wondering if Heroes of the Storm might be worth playing, although I've never played anything remotely like DOTA or League of Legends. I imagine they expect players of Heroes to have at least some experience with those other games... learning curve might be too great for someone who's never played the genre?

Might be a good tie-over until LotV.

I always thought it'd be cool if StarCraft introduced a fourth race that was totally different, in that maybe it used Vespene as it's main resource and didn't need to build an Extractor/Refinery/Assimilator, and instead needed to construct something additional to mine minerals which it used at it's specialty resource... and maybe it didn't have any units at all, just a huge amount of abilities you could use from support buildings you created... or something... OR SOMETHING... just something totally original and a crazy departure from the three other races.

EDIT: or like one main unit (like the Mothership spawned at the Nexus, Queen for Zerg etc) that had tons of abilities and could spawn support units... maybe upgrade this unit like Hatch Lair Hive or something... somehow inject an RPG race to compete with the three RTS races...

Of course something like this would take 10 years to balance with the game the way it is now, lol
Last edited by Nickpocalypse at Mar 28, 2014,
Quote by Nickpocalypse
Totally true. I'm wondering if Heroes of the Storm might be worth playing, although I've never played anything remotely like DOTA or League of Legends. I imagine they expect players of Heroes to have at least some experience with those other games... learning curve might be too great for someone who's never played the genre?

it'll probably match new players with new players, like most multiplayer games do these days
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Titanfall is an extremely solid, clever, well designed and all-round fun shooter. It's something really easy to jump in to and enjoy regardless of skill level.

So much truth. It's even awesome when you're getting your ass kicked
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by DamienEx1021
I started playing ES5: Skyrim last night. Almost lost myself in the graphics. Ultra makes everything look so sharp. I am afraid of change though so after my oblivion play through with an Argonian, I made another Argonian again and figured I would be as out of place in this one as I was the last.

Definitely more out of place in Skyrim. At least Cyrodiil was connected to Black Marsh, so you had Black Wood and Leyawiin had quite a few Argonians.

Have you never played Skyrim before?

Also my roommate is considering getting a ps4, so bonus for me. I'll just make a profile on that and use it for exclusives. I'm basically set.
Last edited by Jmoarguitar at Mar 28, 2014,
Quote by DamienEx1021

Slap some mods on it, run an enb, and be in awe.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by behind_you
Goat simulator is actually really stupid because no multiplayer

Really

really

A game as silly as goat simulator, with no multiplayer

It will be like Octodad.
First one with no multiplayer, second one one person will control the goat and the other person will control the tongue.
Quote by Nickpocalypse

Might be a good tie-over until LotV.

I always thought it'd be cool if StarCraft introduced a fourth race that was totally different, in that maybe it used Vespene as it's main resource and didn't need to build an Extractor/Refinery/Assimilator, and instead needed to construct something additional to mine minerals which it used at it's specialty resource... and maybe it didn't have any units at all, just a huge amount of abilities you could use from support buildings you created... or something... OR SOMETHING... just something totally original and a crazy departure from the three other races.

EDIT: or like one main unit (like the Mothership spawned at the Nexus, Queen for Zerg etc) that had tons of abilities and could spawn support units... maybe upgrade this unit like Hatch Lair Hive or something... somehow inject an RPG race to compete with the three RTS races...

Of course something like this would take 10 years to balance with the game the way it is now, lol

Heroes is being designed to be more straightforward, and to be honest I'm liking the look of it now that I've seen more of it. I've played a fair bit of LoL and Dota and they seem to be getting rid of the things that seem unintuitive about those games in favour of shorter matches which might make playing a team game with strangers a bit less of a soul-crushing experience.

Honestly, I think Starcraft is probably the most interesting game around as it is. I wouldn't be in favour of any grand changes like that. Some changes to increase the number of options the races have, that's what I want to see. It's rough because HotS has been pretty damn balanced over the past year, considering

I've stopped playing it since ladder is super punishing and I'm a terrible loser, but the amount I played through WoL and early HotS was downright unhealthy. I don't think I've ever played anything with such a huge amount of depth to it ever and I got completely absorbed in it. Still watch pro tournaments though, top level SC play is a spectacle.
Seriously, coffee stain should've just made sanctum 3.

Though I love the sanctum series.

Tower defenses are neat.

Though I imagine this arcade goat destruction game whats it will sell better...
Last edited by stratkat at Mar 28, 2014,
Quote by stratman_13

I have a huge amount of mods, just ask, tell me what kinda thing you'd want, and I will provide
how does ff7 compare against ff9
I started playing ff9 and quite liked it
but my emulator bugged out and I lost all my save files
then I tried an ff8 rom and it was glitched as ****
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by stratman_13

Not a big fan of mods unless they are unofficial type patches that fix games. I might use mods after I play my first run through.

Quote by Jmoarguitar
Definitely more out of place in Skyrim. At least Cyrodiil was connected to Black Marsh, so you had Black Wood and Leyawiin had quite a few Argonians.

Have you never played Skyrim before?

Also my roommate is considering getting a ps4, so bonus for me. I'll just make a profile on that and use it for exclusives. I'm basically set.

Nope, I got it for $20 during the Steam Winter Sale. Tried to stay away from it mostly because of all the hype and people going bat shit crazy 'omg best game ever' on it. But I have like 125 steam games and I need something to hold my attention for a few weeks so Skyrim it is.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again