Hey Guys!

Could you guys suggest some simple (Intermediate level) to play on the acoustic? Preferabley a piece that has stuff like tapping, drumming on the guitar a little and which basically shows how versatile an acoustic guitar can be.

I know this is the wrong reason but I need a piece or two to play when people ask me to play something on the guitar. I mostly play stuff which requires a backing band or something similar.

So, what do you guys suggest?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
Last edited by shawnkenneth at Mar 28, 2014,
Learning to sing! (Yes, really)!

That way, the guitar becomes the "backup band", and you can play pretty much any thing you want. (At least that you're capable of singing on key).

One caution, you need to stay grounded in "singer/ songwriter" type material. I expect screaming like early Rush or Styx vocals, would clear the room in a hurry.

The only intuition involved, is knowing what genre, or individual song, will resonate with the people who asked you to play.

With that being said, there are 2 pop songs that you can get away with playing, but not singing, the Beatles "Norwegian Wood, and the Rolling stones, "Paint it Black".

For vocal material, Warren Zevon's, "Lawyers, Guns, and Money", has an immediately recognizable rhythm pattern, and not a whole bunch of vocal range.

You can tease with the 1st few bars of almost anything that has a recognizable intro.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 28, 2014,
Quote by Captaincranky
Learning to sing! (Yes, really)!

That way, the guitar becomes the "backup band", and you can play pretty much any thing you want. (At least that you're capable of singing on key).

One caution, you need to stay grounded in "singer/ songwriter" type material. I expect screaming like early Rush or Styx vocals, would clear the room in a hurry.

The only intuition involved, is knowing what genre, or individual song, will resonate with the people who asked you to play.

With that being said, there are 2 pop songs that you can get away with playing, but not singing, the Beatles "Norwegian Wood, and the Rolling stones, "Paint it Black".

For vocal material, Warren Zevon's, "Lawyers, Guns, and Money", has an immediately recognizable rhythm pattern, and not a whole bunch of vocal range.

You can tease with the 1st few bars of almost anything that has a recognizable intro.

Thanks! I will look into them!
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
Drifting by Andy Mckee. It has tapping and percussion and is visually impressive, but it's also quite simple to learn. Andy Mckee made a video tutorial series on it which you can look up. This was the first acoustic song I learnt (had played electric for about 3 years before that) and it really only took I'd say 2-3 weeks.