I know this is such an old question, But I really need help.

I have a classic guitar, which I really hate, and I'm thinking of buying a new guitar.
I have in mind Applause AE128 but I think that I like electric too and don't know how to decide.

I'm into rock, fingerstyle arrangments and I'd like to learn the blues.
What should I get? and how to decide?

P.S: I have no possibility of playing in a band, So I will play alone. Keep that in mind!

Thank you!!
Best advice is to go to a guitar store and play around with a bunch of em, even if you only know a few chords. Acoustics are more fun when your solo. Electrics are fun but dont really come into their own unless your playing with other people.
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
That's what I was looking for, Because I don't think I will ever play in any bands.

Is blues good on an steel acoustic or what?
The action on an electric will be much lower, easier to play.
A good electric is half the price of a good acoustic.

Thinking you won't play in a band is something that may change.
Ok to, a message to the mods on UG, can you at some point create a buyers guide thread on equipment which is easily accessible or a link on the main page to something similar?
The what amp or what guitar should I get threads are really repetitive and they all result 95% in the same advice with a selection of 5 good starter guitars or the obligatory "go to a guitar shop, try some out" response.

Just a thought
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Acoustics are great for blues.
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
Quote by marioamgad9
That's what I was looking for, Because I don't think I will ever play in any bands.

He's talking utter, utter garbage. electrics are just as good alone as acoustics are. and acoustics are eff-all use if you're mainly playing stuff which should be played on electric, while the reverse is arguably less true.

if you want to learn some stuff like rock which is better played on electric, get an electric.

Quote by ProgFripp74
Ok to, a message to the mods on UG, can you at some point create a buyers guide thread on equipment which is easily accessible or a link on the main page to something similar?
The what amp or what guitar should I get threads are really repetitive and they all result 95% in the same advice with a selection of 5 good starter guitars or the obligatory "go to a guitar shop, try some out" response.

Just a thought

i'm in the process of doing that. it's a shitload of work, though.

plus there already is one (but i'm not 100% happy with it) in the EG and GG&A forums.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?