Hello. So i've got a mahogany guitar with a mahogany neck through guitar with a fixed bridge. I want to change the stock pickups. I'd like to get some passive pickups and want to get kinda djenty or periphery tones.
What pickups would you recommed? I'm lookint at the Crunchlab+Liquifire pickups right now.
those pickup pickers are normally useless, if you ask me. they recommend the same darn pickups for everything. I don't play djenty stuff so I can't give any particular recommendations, but i know for the stuff I do play those pickup wizards are mediocre at best.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Throw it in there before someone else: Pickups are only so much of your sound. They will make a difference, but amps and effects make a much bigger difference.
What are you playing through?
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Try the new PRS \m/ pickups. They're a little expensive, but they have really good output.

I believe Periphery (at least bulb) uses Bareknuckle pickups. I don't have much knowledge about them but you should check em out.
Avoid EMG's, the only good ones are active.
Seymour Duncan makes a good SH-6 distortion for a bridge pickup but for neck pickup you can't beat the SH-2 jazz.

Good luck!
Quote by Scutchington
May 1st 2010 I had a sandwich.

May 1st 2011 Osama is killed.

May 2nd 2011 I decided the sandwich I had last year was pretty good.
I play through a marshal 100w head or through a Messa Dual Rectifier head
yeah, i've tried those pickup selectors, they are useless indeed.
About BareKnuckles - I'd like to try them, but I don't know what to choose. And buying without testing it... dunno
Quote by CatAmplifier
I play through a marshal 100w head or through a Messa Dual Rectifier head
yeah, i've tried those pickup selectors, they are useless indeed.
About BareKnuckles - I'd like to try them, but I don't know what to choose. And buying without testing it... dunno

Oh, good news. Usually this is where they say "Line 6 Spider IV" or something.
I would guess something with overwound coils.
I would also second the Duncan Distortion/Jazz combo suggested by Mr Benomino
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Last edited by ryanbwags at Mar 28, 2014,
Yeah playing through a Line 6 is awful. You can't beat a Mesa Boogie Triple Rec
Quote by Scutchington
May 1st 2010 I had a sandwich.

May 1st 2011 Osama is killed.

May 2nd 2011 I decided the sandwich I had last year was pretty good.
I've tried already an sh-4 pickup, great Pickup, but it was a little too pointy at some time. I like pickups with a little more wids and a little less muddy on the lows. Great pickup, but more for classical rock or metal tones, not for modern prog sound I guess.
oh. and the neck is rosewood with mahoganym, if it makes a huge difference
Lundgren m6. Awesome pickup with lots of power and unbeatable clarity. Made for djent tones.
heard lundgren 7 pickup in a friend's custom guitar and in some Tesseract songs, pretty interesting
Jake from Periphery is also getting his signature DiMarzio pickups (I think they're called Titan just like his Ibanez sig), so you may also want to look at that one.
Quote by CatAmplifier
I've tried already an sh-4 pickup, great Pickup, but it was a little too pointy at some time. I like pickups with a little more wids and a little less muddy on the lows. Great pickup, but more for classical rock or metal tones, not for modern prog sound I guess.
oh. and the neck is rosewood with mahoganym, if it makes a huge difference

a jb has tons of mids

but i agree it's probably not what you want, and i agree with your other criticisms of it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?