Song 5
3 17%
Song 6
2 11%
Song 7
3 17%
Voters: 18.
Hello.

Our group admin Minicaxotinho had a hot air balloon to catch so he couldn't make a thread this week. I'm an unfunny bastard so I don't really know what to say in this section, but I'm a knob and that's all it takes to be a TS.

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Standing Still" (sickman411/semiquaver)

2 - "Part 2 - Moonrise" (Skinny91)

3 - "AngryPossum" (lettuceface)

4 - "Tenebrous" (nico_9550)

5 - "Just 'Cause You Shot Jesse James Doesn't Mean You're Jesse James" (whywefight/FoOltz/FlipComplex)

6 - "Jack and Jim" (Duaneclapdrix)

7 - "Memory of a Town" (chev311e)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last week's most voted song, from chev311e, the song "A Greeting"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/wrongsighter/foo fighter, consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Monday. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
Here's a weird video as usual (thanks, Hydra150):

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1638182

--------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: The voting is over!

This week's winner is Skinny91 with the song "Part 2 - Moonrise" with 7 votes!
(He'll be a mod on our http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfacto ry/, until the next voting)

In second place, chev311e's song "Memory of a Town", and whywefight, FoOltz and FlipComplex's song "Just 'Cause You Shot Jesse James Doesn't Mean You're Jesse James", both with 3 votes!

Thank you all for voting (and participating)!

Last edited by sickman411 at Jul 5, 2014,
Listening to the songs now.

What happened to Mini?

btw I'm sorry for my extra long weird sounding "song"
Last edited by nico_9550 at Mar 29, 2014,
I'm so conflicted on who to vote for this week, they're all really good.
Had to listen twice, really good songs this week, but I loved Moonrise so there goes my vote
Genuinely was a really tough choice between everyone, but I went with Duane in the end. Good stuff guys.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
They are all very good! It was a tough choice!

Nice to meet you guys!
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there" Miles Davis
Quote by nico_9550
What happened to Mini?
He posted this in the group comments:
Quote by Minicaxotinho
This week (hopefully just this one) I won't be writing the thread.

The pc I use "broke" and I can't stay late on this one because light travels like a mofo and since I live in a house with... not very cheerful people... I guess it bothers someone if I stay here late.

He left the template for the threads in a group thread and then he said he had a hot air balloon to catch (classic Mini). So I made the thread with the template he left.

Anyway, the overall quality of these songs has been great in these last few weeks! We used to get really great songs each week already but lately most/all songs have been really good. Which makes voting really hard...

I went with Skinny's song. It's just my kind of thing. Once again it reminded me a bit of Porcupine Tree.

And once again, I'm going to have Duane's song stuck in my head for days.

Also, like I said in the group page, expect me keep on collaborating regularly with ^that fellow^ in the future.
^ voted for sickman too. Duanes song seriously has hit-potential though.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by ehbacon
voted for sickman

Quote by the bartender
voted for sickman too.

Thanks!

Though I really should (once again) point out that it wasn't just me who made the song! Show some appreciation for semiquaver, guys! (Which I guess you did by voting on the song, anyway...)
Quote by semiquaver
They are all very good! It was a tough choice!

Nice to meet you guys!

Nice to meet ya!
Quote by sickman411
Thanks!

Though I really should (once again) point out that it wasn't just me who made the song! Show some appreciation for semiquaver, guys! (Which I guess you did by voting on the song, anyway...)

Good work semiquaver!

I'm just gonna throw out a guess and say semi did the bass work? I only say that because it sounded different from your other songs, sickman.
Yes, he did indeed do the bass work. Along with some backing vocals in the chorus. And we did the songwriting together. The song started with the verse/pre-chorus bassline, actually.
I just wanted to let you know that I've been having Duane's, Chev's and wwf/FoOltz's songs alternately stuck in my head since yesterday. And maybe get us an extra vote or two in these last few hours.
Quote by sickman411
I just wanted to let you know that I've been having Duane's, Chev's and wwf/FoOltz's songs alternately stuck in my head since yesterday. And maybe get us an extra vote or two in these last few hours.

Well I'm about to get banned in the user elimination thread, so if you want more of my songs stuck in your head, ya know... wink wink.

This message is to all group members.
I think you can still use the profile/groups section if you're banned from the forums, by the way. So you could probably post a song, but not vote.
Blackmail, me like that
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Damn, thanks for doing this sickman! I was in a hurry and the template on the group's forum was a bit sloppily posted, and I forgot to say that whoever (whomever?) makes the thread doesn't need to follow that template :/
But it turned out great!

Also, welcome semiquaver!

And: I'll get the part I need to fix my pc around this week, I may have things going again just in time to make next week's thread (if you guys want to, I mean... sickman makes a bitchin thread as well )

PS: The hot air balloon trip was kewl. But I almost fell.

PPS: Voting now, awesome stuff as usual.
Well thanks Mini! It's a good thing you put the template there or else it would have been hard to put the OP together. (Or I could have just gone and quoted one of your OPs but I'd be using the "template" anyway.)

All I had to do was write 3 lines of text and a title. Also, I was worried for a bit because I didn't have a video. I mean, it's not like it's essential but it's a staple of these threads.
Quote by sickman411
Also, I was worried for a bit because I didn't have a video. I mean, it's not like it's essential but it's a staple of these threads.

Sometimes I spend hours looking for a damn video