So i'm looking for a good delay. only thing that it has to have is a tap tempo modulation and the ability to use different subdivisions. I currently have a carbon copy but i'm needing something with more flexibility. I'm going to be using it for ambient rock stuff and u2ish modern rock.
You better call Kenny Loggins. 'Cause you're in the danger zone!!!

Life's like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get.
The tc flasback x4 would probably work well for you. Its a lil pricey but the delays sound good, seems well built and it works well as a looper. Tap tempo too. And its possibly the last delay pedal you'll ever need/want/buy (which is good or bad, depending on how you look at it).
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
The TC stuff is cute because of that toneprint too.

But somebody's gonna say it so I'm gonna get in first and aussie ninja you all: El Capistan.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Mar 28, 2014,
Would you consider the x4 as a budget friendly strymon timeline?

I have the regular Flashback (not the x4) and I can say this thing isn't just a delay, this thing is a compact-size portal to different dimensions and outer space. Ridiculous variety, sounds awesome and built like a tank (like all TC pedals). But only the x4 has tap tempo I think.
TC Electronics' Nova Repeater is pretty solid and has everything you need.
The Nova Delay is a little more advanced and slightly more expensive, it lets you dial in exact delay times in milliseconds. As far as I heard it also lets you save different delay settings as presets, so you won't have to fiddle around with the knobs on stage - not sure where I read that, though. Better check out both of them.
This is not a signature
I'm really digging that way huge one. but i'll have to go try out the tc stuff I love my hall of fame. i'm sure the flashback or the nova will be good thanks guys!

Not sure if this stuff is what you're looking for, but a quadraverb 2, or even better, a q20 will have all of the funny delay effects you may think of plus even more stuff.
Pair one with a cheap midi controller and you're on it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Not sure if this stuff is what you're looking for, but a quadraverb 2, or even better, a q20 will have all of the funny delay effects you may think of plus even more stuff.
Pair one with a cheap midi controller and you're on it.

sounds good but not looking for a rack.

Line 6 M5. Or the DL4 if you want to take up an assload of space for no reason at all.

If you need other FX as well, I highly recommend the M9. I have one, love it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Where are all the PBT guys saying, "El Cap"?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i would go straight for the flashback x4.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I may be shunned for mentioning this but the Boss DD-7 has all of what you need and more. It's one of the HQ boss pedals that it seems like they prize themselves on, it's got 4 delay speeds all variable, so all in all 1-3200ms, has the tap tempo (a lot of people dont know that) you can add an expression pedal, and it also has an analog setting (found it comparable to the carbon copy) and its got 2 "weird for fun" modes reverse and modulate. It's got a looper built in as well (not a great one but a looper all the same) I really like mine and they arnt that expensive and are easy to come by. May want to consider it
-Main Gear-
ESP Ltd V-401 + D Activator N&B
De Armond/Guild 2000 M72 Bluesbird w/ USA Toastertops
Peavey JSX & XXL
Mesa Boogie Rectifier Vertical 2x12
Airis Effects Savage Drive
Last edited by TYSHADOWS at Mar 30, 2014,
JHS Panther Cub. Pricey, but totes worth it.
Fender Strat -> MXR GT-OD -> Lovepedal OD-11 -> MXR Black Label Chorus -> Mesa F-30

Exclusively using V-Picks!
I well also recommend the Strymon El Capistan. My friend has one and it's pretty wicked. It's very tweakable and is capable of putting out heaps of different sounding delays.

You should also check out their blue sky reverberator if you need a reverb one day. Cool as **** pedal.
Timeline/Timefactor?
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
Last edited by Badmotorfingers at Mar 31, 2014,
I would absolutely look at the Flashback and the Flashback X4. I got one recently along with the HoF and it's absolutely incredible. The El Cap and DL4 are good suggestions also, depending on what you can find. The Nova Repeater/Delay are really nice, but there's no reason to get them over the Flashback.
Sleek the elite
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
TL;DR: TC, Strymon & Line 6 are all excellent and really next to impossible to compare objectively. Find the one that clicks with you.

Gonna throw out an honorable mention to the Hardwire DL-8 as well.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X