I just got a bunch of jazz 3's..the reds and the blacks w/ extra grip. They're small and I like them for lead playing, but are they versatile enough to use for acoustic strumming? I'd like to just use one type of pick. Will I get used to it? I usually play w/ 2.0's so the thickness isn't an issue, more the size...
I use them a lot, but for strumming they are pretty crap IMO

Smoother strumming with a rounder tip, more so than the bigger size, although I prefer bigger and Med for strumming acoustic

Sometimes I strum with the rounder corners on the JazzIII for a softer tone
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 29, 2014,
Hard pointy picks are awful for strumming. It’s one of the reasons I switched to a tapered titanium pick instead of flat picks.
I've never had a problem. You just have to get used to the way you hold it.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
The Jazz IIIs sound too dull compared to V-Picks. They're a company local to Middle Tennessee that makes REALLY nice picks - I can't go back to regular picks. Look 'em up.. a little pricier, but made very well. I've had exactly one of them for about two years now and just now picked up the Mummy model for a different grip.
Fender Strat -> MXR GT-OD -> Lovepedal OD-11 -> MXR Black Label Chorus -> Mesa F-30

Exclusively using V-Picks!
jazz III's are fine for strumming, its just they make your hand movements more exposed than wider picks, and especially when compared to thinner picks, so you just have to play with a bit more precision, but personally I like that because it also gives you more control and the ability to make your strumming very precise
Quote by Bad Kharmel
jazz III's are fine for strumming, its just they make your hand movements more exposed than wider picks, and especially when compared to thinner picks, so you just have to play with a bit more precision, but personally I like that because it also gives you more control and the ability to make your strumming very precise

This is the "be a man and use it to get better" response I was looking for. Thanks