Page 1 of 2
Think forward a few centuries, to where space colonization is a thing. Then read this truth bomb
The universe is a new environment, which will compel mankind to change. If the first stage in mankind’s evolution was his evolution from an ape to a human, and the second stage was was his breakthrough from feudalism to the rational science of the Renaissance, then the third will be his transformation into a new type of human, a man with profound sensitivity and insight and a far greater awareness of the vastness of time and space.

The transition to Newtypes will be a natural one. The act of walking increased man’s range of movement and helped the concept of tribe and nation-state to develop. Powered vehicles expanded man’s awareness to a global level. And now civilization is advancing into outer space. By living and working in space, man’s consciousness will will transcend the boundaries of Earth and become truly universal. The vastness of space will be “home”. And as man’s consciousness expands, he will begin to tap the unutilized portions of his cerebrum- the over half of his brain cells unused since time immemorial, the enormous untapped mental reserves given by God precisely for the new environment of space- that will act as the trigger.

O people of space! Now is the time to awaken! To realize your latent potential! We are at the dawn of a transformation of mankind. A true enlightenment of the human race. And we may finally be poised, ready to transcend what has always been thought the impossible- infinite space, and time itself. This is no idle dream. To live in a new universe, man must transcend the psychological limitations of his old environment!

It is the height of arrogance for those who remain on Earth to look up at the heavens and believe they can continue to rule over all its inhabitants. It is true that we- the space colonists- were largely shipped from Earth against our will as a population-control measure. But now we are developing a new identity and awareness. We are a new people. We live, eat, and sleep among the stars. We live in infinite space, and we will have access to infinite energy until the sun burns out fifty billion years from now. Our consciousness will expand, and infinite space will be our true home. God has given us the stars to live among.

We are the people of the universe. We have struggled to survive in a harsh environment, and new generations of colonists testify to our success. Now, when we gaze back at Earth, we see a sacred blue and green orb- the cradle of civilization and a sacred home that we must eternally preserve and protect. Our new consciousness as a people of the universe tells us that Earth was not created to be abused and polluted by a few members of an elite, privileged class. Men and women who have never been into outer space still believe Earth belongs to them and still continue rape and plunder it, but their time has passed. Earth must be preserved as the sacred homeland of all mankind. It does not belong solely to an Earthbound elite! By continuing to dream of controlling all of mankind, they forever deny mankind its true destiny.

Autonomy for the Sides, sovereignty for the colonists, does not simply mean a revolt against sovereignty on Earth. It means that every human should move into space, that the government of the Earth and the area around it should be placed in the hands of an alliance of all Sides, and that the Earth itself should be preserved and protected as the sacred birthplace of all mankind. It is easy to expand the numbers of colonies required to accomplish this.

In ancient times the Christians fought bloody battles for control over the birthplace of their religion, but there is no need for humanity to repeat this mistake over Earth.
deep shit man.

Centuries from now when "world peace" is attained and the elite ruling class is unfairly extorting the poor in space colonies for their resources the same way the British extorted the Americas and America extorted (and continues to extort) other peoples for resources, you'll hear this again.

That little cartoon about robots from the 70s wrote a tale in the future based on not only the past, but a prediction of the future as well.

Talk about why war will never cease to exist no matter how far society advances.
old stuff covered in sci-fi repeatedly in all kinds of variations over the past century.

sorry bro, read some more classic sci-fi.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
old stuff covered in sci-fi repeatedly in all kinds of variations over the past century.

It's funny how the future can be so dated.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by theguitarist

yeah but not all of them have giant bipedal robots
Quote by UltimateGuizar
I can't read all that, dumb it down in max two sentences
sieg zeon

sieg zeon
DOUBLE ZETA

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
That one's my fav...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Amuro Jay
yeah but not all of them have giant bipedal robotssieg zeon

sieg zeon

um giant bipedal robots can't stand up to psychic super humans of the future.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
lol I forgot anime have the silliest names

I suspect it's because Japanese people have no clue what western names should be so they just take random objects and mush them together.

marshmello cello

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by theguitarist
um giant bipedal robots can't stand up to psychic super humans of the future.
yeah except that sounds like a load of bullshit whereas aside from clean nuclear fusion in ultracompact reactors is literally the only technology in early UC Gundam aside from an ultra lightweight titanium alloy that had to be completely faked to make the original premise of the entire universe probable

the technology for everything exists today, it's a matter of refinement.
Quote by Xiaoxi
lol I forgot anime have the silliest names

I suspect it's because Japanese people have no clue what western names should be so they just take random objects and mush them together.

marshmello cello
this is probably true

or maybe they're predicting that all names in the future will sound that stupid

i mean we already have bonquinitas and jerricks so hey
Quote by Amuro Jay
yeah except that sounds like a load of bullshit whereas aside from clean nuclear fusion in ultracompact reactors is literally the only technology in early UC Gundam aside from an ultra lightweight titanium alloy that had to be completely faked to make the original premise of the entire universe probable

remind me how the part where they create gigantic bipedal robots with this clean nuclear fusion is plausible again?
Quote by Amuro Jay

well i think the idea that there is a good reason to waste resources on building giant mechs is bullshit.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by progdude93
remind me how the part where they create gigantic bipedal robots with this clean nuclear fusion is plausible again?
well first of all, helium 3 fusion is a viable energy source. It's clean nuclear fusion and it's highly efficient. Not nearly as efficient in real life as it is in the show, but it's more efficient than anything else available on earth right now. The only thing stopping us is supply. The earth doesn't have a lot of helium 3. The crust of the moon has a lot, and the atmosphere of Jupiter is full of it.
Quote by theguitarist
well i think the idea that there is a good reason to waste resources on building giant mechs is bullshit.
It is, in this world.

But when giant humanoid mechs are originally built for space construction projects and resource mining on asteroids and are beefed up with extra armor and given giant guns and cannons and are practically impervious to traditional weaponry in a delicate environment such as inside or near a fragile space colony, and the psychologically terrifying aspect of huge monstrosities launching an assault on your homeland is present, the only way to fight fire is with fire. Especially if the reactors providing the power interrupt all communication frequencies so guided long range weapons are out of the question.

Completely useless in the real world, of course.
Quote by Amuro Jay
well first of all, helium 3 fusion is a viable energy source. It's clean nuclear fusion and it's highly efficient. Not nearly as efficient in real life as it is in the show, but it's more efficient than anything else available on earth right now. The only thing stopping us is supply. The earth doesn't have a lot of helium 3. The crust of the moon has a lot, and the atmosphere of Jupiter is full of it.It is, in this world.

sure, but how does that lead to gigantic bipedal robots
for some reason you're assuming the humanoid shape is most efficient for such projects. while i'm not a scientist, i'd be willing to bet large sums that it's not
I cant wait for the hoverboards and lightsabers
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by progdude93
for some reason you're assuming the humanoid shape is most efficient for such projects. while i'm not a scientist, i'd be willing to bet large sums that it's not
It's not. I've stated numerous times on this board that it's completely impractical under real world circumstances. Especially under earth's gravity.

Not saying that we should, but we could.
Quote by Amuro Jay
Especially if the reactors providing the power interrupt all communication frequencies so guided long range weapons are out of the question.

well that's terribly convenient.

edit: what about ai controlled bombs/suicide robots???
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
seeing as I'm currently rewatching battlestar i now have a hard on for everything sci fi anyway.

still.. I don't really believe in some mythical revalation/revolution that will change the nature of human consciousness. (at least not in the sense that many new-age advocates propose)

however, things have allready begun to change.. some things for the better and some things for the worse. I predict that some heavy shit is going to go down in the near future..

I know it's kinda cliché but if i'm comparing the time when i grew up (90s) to what kids deal with today then i can't help but wonder if all those experiences won't change the way people behave quite drastically.
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Quote by Malchius
Are teenagers the only people who are viable to pilot these robots?
No, but it is a common trope that took off after the original Mobile Suit Gundam series. I guess kids connected with it so they ran with it.

Pilots in Gundam OVAs and novels are generally older.

Neon Genesis Evangelion took it to the next level with their whole "nobody but children can pilot these" thing.
Quote by Amuro Jay

Neon Genesis Evangelion took it to the next level with their whole "nobody but children can pilot these" thing.

ugh i watched a few episodes and it was all just pouty kid staring and looking deep most of the show and then a fight where something goes wrong.

I only really watch edgy mind**** films though. last ones where Jin roh and paprika. dunno if i could tolerate gundam.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Me either.

Quote by stratkat
I didn't read a damn bit of the OP, but I welcome wild west mars.
Yet again, me either.

EDIT:

did anyone else read halfway through and think '2001: A Space Odyssey'?
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Mar 29, 2014,
Quote by theguitarist
ugh i watched a few episodes and it was all just pouty kid staring and looking deep most of the show and then a fight where something goes wrong.

I only really watch edgy mind**** films though. last ones where Jin roh and paprika. dunno if i could tolerate gundam.

Evangelion is pretty mindscrewy if you can get past the whiny protagonist.
Quote by Malchius
Evangelion is pretty mindscrewy if you can get past the whiny protagonist.

that's why I watched it a bit.

but I couldn't stop wanting to ram my hand into the screen and give him a slap.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Pastafarian96
Me either.

Yet again, me either.

EDIT:

did anyone else read halfway through and think '2001: A Space Odyssey'?

I thought he was ripping off spacers in asimov's robots stuff.

or ripping off some ouster speech from Hyperion cantos.

then I was all like 'oh it's probably some scrubby japanese anime nrcause of all the confusing comparisons to christianity and comments about constantly facing war'. in the same manner of the beginning and ending monologues in every bizarre anime involving war, police states or mechs, that's set in the near future and has people staring out in the distance having philosophical discussions that are thinly veiled explorations of modern day issues for most of the film.

then again i get the impression gundam is less of all that and more just giant robots fighting endlessly.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
We use all our braincells all the time. Also, to get to that point where the world achieves "peace" and the elite class is removed, you're gonna have to through a period of severe economic depression, armed conflict and repressive gov'ts... which is not likely to happen where it really matters.

Also I know a few of those elite-class-rule-you people, they seem nice. Smart as hell. Will buy you expensive lunch.
Quote by cha33 armstrong

Lame. I'm waiting for the hyper-consciousness to turn the universe into a simple abstraction in my head. Have fun with your little sword that lights up.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
gumdoms

giant warrior condoms that protect the earth from destruction by giant sperm, by using huge guns and swords.

get on it japan.

wait i bet it's already done. gonna go hit up some hentai, bbl.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Page 1 of 2