Hi there,
Got an ibanez edge 2 7string bridge levelled atm with 9-52 superslinky 7 string. Ernie ball sent me a bunch of things to try including the 9-52 cobalts. Understandably there will be minor adjustments required to the tension of the springs but it shouldnt be too huge right? Im worried that ill restring it and the bridge will be mad raised/sunk and I dont have time to adjust it atm!

Thanks!
The tension is the same and no set up adjustment is required. Cobalts just have a smoother feel to them. The main issue you may run into is that you'll get more output with the cobalt strings, so you may want to lower your pickups to compensate or it could be a muddy mess.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by JackovSlayer
Why did they send you a bunch of things to try out?

Won't say why fully, but they hooked me up with a distributor who sent me out some free strings to "help" me with something upcoming

As I say, can't say anything!

Was nice of them to do so because I didn't even ask, just was looking for a single string replacement but they stalked my stuff, nice of them to say the minimum.
EB are good like that. Boss and Seymour Duncan, too.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
EB are good like that. Boss and Seymour Duncan, too.

Boss? I'm just imagining someone receiving a heap ton of pedals to try, haha
I can't say I complained

Lots of companies will give out stuff if you know the right person to ask, the right way to ask and the right time to ask.
The cobalts in the picture on your facebook page are a much different gauge to the non-cobalts. The original type strings are 9-52 and the cobalts you have in the picture are 10-62, a much heavier gauge in comparison. You'd need to tighten the spring tension to switch to those.

Off-topic, I gave your page a like just now as I noticed your only one town over from me (I'm in Beds).
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
I swear I noticed fret wear (grooves from the winding) with the Cobalts. I switched back to the regulars.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
I swear I noticed fret wear (grooves from the winding) with the Cobalts. I switched back to the regulars.

Ya, so did I.

They didn't last too long either and actually to me they felt rough.

If I am gonna spend $11 on a set of strings I can get Elixers with nanoweb or coated DRs that will last longer.
What the hell!!!
Increased fret wear is the nature of any of the tougher strings. Titanium- and steel-coated strings do the same thing. One of the many unsung benefits of gold frets is, as it's tougher material, it won't be worn down by strings half as easy as the soft metal used in regular frets.
Quote by MrFlibble
I can't say I complained

Lots of companies will give out stuff if you know the right person to ask, the right way to ask and the right time to ask.

Hey again Flibble,
Wanted to ask, who did you approach at Boss about this? I assume this was probably some sort of Artist Relations. Don't worry -- I'm not asking for name dropping, simply just to be pointed in the right direction! Thanks