So long story short, my original LP Studio snapped at the headstock 4 times. I brought it to a shop the first 3 times but after the 4th said 'screw it' and just continued using my Tele for pretty much everything (it's the 72 deluxe, so it does metal reasonably well).
But I'm really, REALLY starting to miss a. having two guitars for multiple tunings at a gig, b. two guitars for multiple TONES at a gig, c. the way the LP played as opposed to the tele (glossier neck makes certain riffs from some of my songs a little difficult), d. the darker tone of an LP, and honestly I just miss having a Les Paul.

In my stoner rock band I'm usually playing bass, but for the songs I do guitar on I run through my guitarist's MusicMan bass/keyboard head and his Mesa cab, and his setup (especially his distortion pedal) turn even a Strat into a stoner metal monster.
But at home I usually do stuff more closely related to metalcore (with some other influences thrown in here and there, I actually don't know exactly what to call what I do).

For reference in terms of the tones I'm going for, here are the two of my own songs, both done with the original LP Studio I had
https://soundcloud.com/miles-tails-prower-tag/where-are-you-my-star-oct-6
https://soundcloud.com/miles-tails-prower-tag/the-city-demo
(both of those tracks were done entirely in the box with amp sims, but the pickups were pretty much just the Bareknuckle VHII I had in the bridge, and that lead might've been that combined with the DiMarzio FRED in the neck but I'm not sure, but I know Atlas was done in drop B)

I like the idea of the the coil-taps and boost in the LP Studio deluxe ii, and especially the push-push buttons in the nobs (the push-pull pots for most coiltaps is a real turn off to me, especially when I switch sounds a lot in my experimental metal band), but I don't know how it would stand up to my old standard Studio. I do have the Bareknuckle and DiMarzio still lying around though, so I'd probably put those in if the stock pickups aren't the best for what I want. So if anybody can help me here I'd be forever greatful, as I've been eyeing this guitar really hard.

For recordings I'd probably mostly go direct with the sims because I have them set up pretty much how I want, but for live shows and recordings with my bands I'd be using my Peavey XXX 212, an Ibanez TS7 for my overdive/boost, and a few other effects that I use here and there (mostly delay for leads, wah/flanger for textures, etc...).
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Chances are it would sound and feel pretty much the same as your previous studio. You could also get the same result by buying any LP Studio and replacing the electronics, using push-push pots while saving some money.

I'm more wondering just how you manage to break the headstock 4 times...do you throw the guitar down at the end of a set or something? And a new LP would be just as likely to have headstock breakage as your old one.
That's what I thought, I just haven't had a chance to find one in a store and play one. I didn't know you could buy push-push pots aftermarket though, I was completely oblivious to this fact. If I can get a studio in wine red that isn't the 2014 series (I'd prefer not to have that emblazoned on the 12th fret personally) I'd jump on it in a second.

As for the headstock breaking, it's kind of a sordid tale. First time it slipped off of my amp when I put it down and ran downstairs to answer the doorbell. The break wasn't done that well (or maybe it was, idk) and when I dropped it at home the seam re-opened (you know that one guy you know who's permanently stoned and does clumsy shit as a result all the time? I used to be that guy). Again when my roommate at my old apartment in Mass dropped it, and again coming home from college for winter break. I'd obviously be a LOT more careful with this one.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses