My current amp is a Line 6 Spider IV 15, and I think I need to upgrade. I have been trying to play more advanced songs on it, such as Sweet Child O' Mine, and the intro just doesn't have that sound to it. So I'm looking for an amp that will be able to make songs like that sound good. The music I play is mostly hard rock, and my guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Budget is gonna be within the $300 range. Will mostly be used at home, so it doesn't have to be loud. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Find yourself a used vypyr tube 60 or a bugera v22 infinium or a jet city 20w combo.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Used peavey VTM combo
Used peavey ultra

or get this Peavey Valveking 1x12 (it is 50 watts not 30 like it says. call the store it is in and scoop it up)
www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-PEAVEY-VALVEKING-30W-COMBO-GUITAR-AMP-109551065-i3447136.gc
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
+1 to all suggested except the Bugera. I've tried to like it, but just can't. The VTM or Jet City would probably be top choice. What's your local Craigslist?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
are you sure it's not just your technique? I saw your other thread over in GT and it could well be technique. as i said in there, the spider's not great, but it shouldn't be so bad that you can't play SCOM intro, either. I mean, i'm the expert in buying stuff to cover for dodgy playing, but there's no point in just throwing your money away, either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 29, 2014,
If you plan on eventually playing with a band, or even if you're not, a Fender Frontman 212 is a great solid state and I got mine for $350 in Canada so if you're in the states or second hand probably pick one up for under 300. Really minimalist for effects but the distortion and reverb sound awesome. Down side, it's heavy and possibly overpowered for a beginner.
^ please tell me your joking
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate