Hello is it possibile to connect a head output directly to a soundcard instead of a cab then to a mic and then to a soundcard?
If no, why not?
Thanks
Quote by Jayerrr
Hello is it possibile to connect a head output directly to a soundcard instead of a cab then to a mic and then to a soundcard?
If no, why not?
Damn this reminds me of the tests I should be studying for...

Anyway, you can't do that.
First of all, it'd be better to use an audio interface than a soundcard for the second configuration you described 'cause most integrated audio interfaces don't have the inputs necessary to be used with mic's.

Then, you can't do that anyway, because of two reasons:
1. impedance
2. power

You'd be plugging a 4 to 16 ohms output into a 10k or so ohms, which your amp's output section won't like at all, meaning that you'll at least fry a fuse.
Then there's the power - you'd be putting too much current in your sound card/audio interface, resulting in frying the preamp or whatever is the first thing right after the input jack.

You could plug the fx loop output into the sound card/interface and then use a power amp + cab simulator (the cab sim only is fine anyway), though I'm not sure about how good the thing would sound - I'd rather find myself a nice sounding amp sim for when I need to record stuff and leave the rest to playing and recording in the future when you'll have more and better sounding stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.