Hey,

I would really appreciate it if any of the guitarists on here spare a few minutes to complete my short test on Amps Vs. Amp Modelling Software for my university dissertation.

Any constructive comments are welcome. I'm willing to hear about your experiences with Amp modelling software and how you compare it to the real thing

THE TEST:
I've recently been conducting research into how close amp modelling software can get to replicate real guitar amps. From this I've created a quick blind test to see if you can tell the difference! All the clips use the exact same settings on the ampfliers and modelling software, the same microphone (SM57) and the same microphone placement, no other effects are added as this would distort the signal from the amp. The test isn't to identify the best quality tone, but rather to see if their is a noticeable different between the two approaches.

If you have already done the test thank you for sparing a few minutes to complete it.

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=tycp822lmyi81a5448703

Thanks a lot!!
how many times is this going to be posted
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
The tone on all of them was pretty bad, especially the Peavey. Hint, cut out all the noise before you playing. It's quite easy to tell before you even start playing which is a real amp mic'd up and which is just a DI'd signal.
You should get a friend who knows what they're doing to help you with your project. Hell, you can even ask around here if anyone might be willing to help.
(signature removed, please choose another)
Quote by amassivewhale
this is the last time

According to forum rules, the first should have been the last. Repeat threads aren't supposed to be allowed.
Quote by player o slayer
You should get a friend who knows what they're doing to help you with your project. Hell, you can even ask around here if anyone might be willing to help.

This - if you want help with amp sims & recording, go to the Recordings forum. There are some very knowledgeable guys over there who'll be able to help you learn what you're doing wrong.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Did you record these? Please, tune the guitar, it's terribly out in first and last clips.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Not in The Pit
there is a guitar gear forum which may allow this survey, best PM a mod there first
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
If you re-post this thread, or variations of the thread amounting to the same thing, one more time I am going to permaban you faster than you can say 'Podfarm'...
Hey, look. Sigs are back.