I have a boss noise suppressor and a MXR phase 90 at the ready. My amp, however, is too dark. I have it playing through a line 6 flextone 4x12, which sounds similar to V30s but cheaper. Haven't experimented with channel 2 much but 3 isn't working too hot. has good reverb, no echo (will buy GFS pro delay soon). I think most of the problem is that the Marshall Plexis were master volume, making a less noisy, but very powerful distortion. I'll be happy to answer any questions if they help with the answer. Please don't say tone is in the hands, because that is untrue, playing style is in the hands. Tone is in the equipment and settings.
Quote by VanhalenVai
I have a boss noise suppressor and a MXR phase 90 at the ready. My amp, however, is too dark. I have it playing through a line 6 flextone 4x12, which sounds similar to V30s but cheaper. Haven't experimented with channel 2 much but 3 isn't working too hot. has good reverb, no echo (will buy GFS pro delay soon). I think most of the problem is that the Marshall Plexis were master volume, making a less noisy, but very powerful distortion. I'll be happy to answer any questions if they help with the answer. Please don't say tone is in the hands, because that is untrue, playing style is in the hands. Tone is in the equipment and settings.

Do you have any soundclips so we can hear what your talking about?
I would post one, but do you know how? I looked but I can't seem to find directions.
On second thought, the only recording equipment I have makes the guitar sound like a toilet flushing, so I don't think that posting a recording would help. Just imagine Eddie's tone, but darker and a less lush phaser sound. I've narrowed it down after playing around with the 2nd channel, I think the problems are that I am using a block phaser with no r28 mod, and my guitar is made of mahogany and rosewood instead of ash and maple. I also turned the master to 10 and the volume to 2, and that seemed to help a lot with the darkness issue.