I'm really conflicted of what amp to get. I`m almost stuck on Marshall's. There isn't much music stores around to try out all the ones i want to. I need something that will get me a Kill Em All tone along with later Metallica and Megadeth sound as well as death metal like cannibal corpse. I do realize i can use pedals to get to death metal tones bust most importantly I would like a 80`s and modern thrash amp. I am willing to go used and my budget is 1400 (maybe 1500)
splawn quickrod may be worth a look. i own one model really similar to that and another splawn.

shit. sorry, you would probably not in a store, you would likely have to go on line, but thats your deal.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Mar 30, 2014,
Are you just practicing or are you going to perform? A lot of practice amps have different modeling selections. Some of these have a "metal" setting, and they come cheap.
You can get more out of your amp by boosting it with an overdrive for more heavier metal tones. That should tide you over until you find the amp you are looking for. I'll recommend Peavey heads or combos, you can still get more "classic" metal tones with them if you are careful with which one you get. I've heard the "Peavey Windsor" is voiced more towards a JCM800. It has a less gain compared to a 6505. I'll also recommend a Peavey JSX. It'll nail the 80s metal tones, along with nice cleans, and it can get pretty heavy too. Just try em' out.
Maybe a Randall? I'm not very knowledgeable about specific models, but i see them being used for thrash all the time, and they seem to do high-gain pretty nicely.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
there are other options out there besides Marshall amps, and thats coming from a Marshall owner. if you really like the Marshall tone, make sure you get the right one for your style of music. most Marshalls will have to be boosted to handle more modern "death metal" tones. but from what youre saying, you want an amp that can do just about everything. i recently bought a JVM410HJS and it is probably the best amp i've ever played. it is extremely versatile and can easily do the styles you listed. the type of speakers in your cab will also make a difference. but i doubt you will even need to boost it, i also play modern metal and it's got more gain than i'll ever need once you get to the red modes on the overdrive channels.
Did you make another thread about this? I don't ever read usernames really, but someone else was looking for Kill Em All tone and Cannibal Corpse tone.

Either way, same answer. Marshall JCM2000 DSL100. Not the new DSL100H. That amp is garbage. The older one.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Kill 'Em All is Marshall JMP or SLP Arrendondo Mod + ProCo Rat I think. Good luck finding one of them though.

Have a look at a JCM900. Could be what you want.
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
Ideally a Splawn Quickrod. After that, Marshall JCM900 SL-X. After that, JCM2000DSL or a JCM900 MKIII and cut out the clipping diodes and use a boost.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Last edited by classicrocker01 at Mar 31, 2014,