Page 1 of 2
So I'm going to be going to collage but have no idea what to study.

Here are some ideas that flew off the top of my head.

Criminal justice for literally
no other reason then liking the sound of agent.
Computer stuff (so I can do awesome coding and hacking like felicity smoke)
Electrical engineer (for building cool tech hardware)
Idk about anything else really
Now my love is music,acting and adventuring but there
Isn't really anything that calls to me for a practical job many be I could become a private investigator! Or odd entrepreneur
You better call Kenny Loggins. 'Cause you're in the danger zone!!!

Life's like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get.
Last edited by Androidjoey at Mar 31, 2014,
Quote by Colgate Total
English.

Yeah, that might be a smart idea aswell...

Steve Jerbs took a course in typography and made billions. Think about that while you ponder what degrees are "practical".

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If you do a degree you don't enjoy then you'll hate it in the latter part of your college career.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
If you do a degree you don't enjoy then you'll hate it in the latter part of your college career.

That's what I'm afraid of. But the parents keep pushing me to get as they call a real study.

Maybe how to put pictures next to each other in books
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
Maybe how to put pictures next to each other in books

I don't know man. that seems a little to intense for society right now.

College is a time for adventure and exploration. Take a variety of courses and see what attracts you. Explore! There are no lame majors, just lame students who were unprepared or failed to thrive.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
College is a time for adventure and exploration. Take a variety of courses and see what attracts you. Explore! There are no lame majors, just lame students who were unprepared or failed to thrive.

I hadn't really thought about that. But that sounds pretty fair!

get some sort of business degree if you are unsure. No matter what field you decide to work in, you will be working for a business. Understanding how businesses work will make it easy to climb ranks. And if you randomly have an epiphany and decide you wanna start your own business, you already got a degree and it should be easier to get a loan to get you started. There are tons of applications for that kind of degree
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
How about you take a year break?
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

What does criminal justice prepare you for? Is it like criminology? Or do you really become an agent there?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Writing, because you would need it.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Quote by Xiaoxi
Steve Jerbs took a course in typography and made billions. Think about that while you ponder what degrees are "practical".

I'd argue that typography teaches you a lot about the mechanics behind aesthetics and he successfully applied that to making pretty products that captured peoples hearts.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Get some job experience, try new things, then spend money and time on college.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
collages are fun i liked making them when i was in elementary school

as stated before, try to take lots of electives to make you a more rounded person. But if you want to make money go for pharmacy or something like that. If you go for business or marketing/graphic design you face a harsh world of being told what to do and layoffs.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Ha, Criminal Justice. Better come to school with crayons and your wide ruled notebook.
Underwater Basket Weaving. JK. Hit community college first maybe. Take some welding, or trade classes just to see if theres anything that interests you, and its relatively cheap compared to a University. Hitting the workforce isn’t bad either. I took a year off after high school and just worked, then fell into a scholarship program and took machine shop, I didn’t like it so I dropped out and went into the military and now I have like 60 something credits in meteorology related classes. Getting your feet wet is the easiest way to learn what you want to do. If you love guitars, maybe an electronics class would suit you to build effects pedals, repair guitars and that sort of thing. Good luck!
Join the army first. Let them pay for your mistakes.
Plus you get to travel to distant lands, meet exciting and exotic peoples and kill them.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Anything but english and art because those are the most useless degrees #useless #degrees
You seem to have no clue how the job market works.

I have a degree in criminology and political science. I don't know what you mean by 'agent'. If you want to work in the police force, at least here, there are several requirements:

- University degrees aren't "required" but they're required. You won't get shit without a degree or diploma
- You can't have any vision impairments (no glasses, contacts, etc.)
- No pre-existing heart conditions
- You have to pass a 7 stage interview process which includes IQ testing, personality questionnaires, one-on-one interviews, psychological examinations, physical testing, situational scenarios (ie. They turn a TV on, play a scenario and you have to act out how you would respond to that scenario.)
- You generally have to have a good amount of volunteer hours
- You have to be CPR and First Aid certified (Both cost hundreds of dollars for certification)
- You have to have a full drivers license with a good driving record, and a given amount of experience driving
- You have to have a prior job history (like with any decent job you apply for)
- You have to have a good amount of letters of reference
- Your references will then go through an interview with a police recruiter (I believe). They'll be asked character questions, work experience questions. They'll look for inconsistencies.
- After completion you go to a 6 month training session where you live in the police academy during the week and may go home on weekends.

Now this is the process to become a constable. Police forces are generally closed systems and you have to start at the bottom (constable) and work your way up. Detectives aren't hired externally. You'll have to work as a constable for I believe at least 5-6 years in order to move up the ladder. If you're looking to get into the FBI and become an 'agent'... Good luck.

EDIT: You'd better not be caught in any type of lies during the interview process or you're effectively done as a police officer in the district in which you applied.

Also, delete your social media early if you have anything which would kill your chances of employment.

A degree on its own won't get you anything.
Last edited by Milan999 at Mar 31, 2014,
Don't go dude. You can learn all that shit for free online if you really want to. Our society brainwashes kids into thinking they have no options outside of throwing down thousands of dollars towards their "education", but that's is simply untrue.
Last edited by guitarhero_764 at Mar 31, 2014,
Because studying under some of the smartest minds the world has to offer isn't helpful?
Quote by Milan999
Because studying under some of the smartest minds the world has to offer isn't helpful?

Not for a lot of people. And the cost is beginning to outweigh the benefits.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2