Can somebody who knows something about the 21st century Glam/Hair metal scene besides simply that it exists, tell me of any good American bands in that style to emerge in the last 10 years or so?

No BVB, I hate them.

And no Steel Panther. I'm not talking parody I'm talking real, like Def Leppard, Dokken, Mötley Crüe, Cinderella, Whitesnake, Night Ranger, that kinda thing but modern!
there should be!
im in a hair metal originals and cover band but we're not famous or anything
black veil brides are all fags
but steel panther are so awsum it doesn't matter if they are a parody band plus their songs are
are just as good if not better then the originals
Quote by tchesher
there should be!
im in a hair metal originals and cover band but we're not famous or anythings

What is the name of your band and have you any music released in a way that would be purchasable by someone at a record store?
Sweden has some great hair bands at the moment, Sister, Crashdiet, Crazy Lixx. Other bands include Reckless Love, Falling Red, Santa Cruz, cant think of many more off the top of my head.
Hell N Diesel. 100%

The Treatment. Not necessarily glam/hair... but i think you'll like them
I'm biased because he's a friend of mine...but check out Vitne. Sounds like a cross between Billy Idol/70's Kiss/Def Leopard

http://www.vitne.net/
Do you love Alice In Chains and Metallica? How about Tool and Velvet Revolver?...then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in awhile...-->The Liberty Underground<--
Try 3 Parts Dead.... www.3partsdead.com. Not really glam per say, but definitely some of that same fun factor in a more modern/heavier/groovier package. Some of the guys were in Pretty Little Suicide, which was definitely up that alley.