I am getting a new amp for home use and i like what this amp has Blackstar ID30 TVP-H it comes in 60watts also , I am using this in my house for a little more i can get it in 60watts , do you think it would make any difference ?
Please give us these informations as asked on the GG&A Rules and Resources Center so that we can give you better advice on which amp(s) would be the best option(s) for your needs:

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
More wattage is always better with solid state amps.

That said, that's a hella lot of money for a Blackstar modeler with **** all models or FX.

You can get a Peavey VIP-3 for $300.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Though for that money I'd get a used vypyr tube 60 if it had to be a modeling amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Not be a kill joy about tube amps but i want solid state as its for home use, I have had tube amps and i know there great but there always to loud, I know you can play them low but its hard to create hard rock and metal sounds that you want without not pushing them tubes,

I would pay up to 300 pounds for the amp.
Home use only at this point in time
I play mostly Soft - hard rock , metal ,
The gear i already have are - TC Loop pedal . ProRat2. Zoom G5 effect .
Quote by dazzzer30
Not be a kill joy about tube amps but i want solid state as its for home use, I have had tube amps and i know there great but there always to loud, I know you can play them low but its hard to create hard rock and metal sounds that you want without not pushing them tubes.
Well you know, they invented this amazing thing called master volume so you can overdrive the preamp tubes as much as you like keeping the volume low.

And you know what else?
It works!

There are reasons not to buy tube amps, but that isn't a valid one if ya ask me.
The reason why you may have had the impression they sounded better at higher volumes may have been due the fact that when the volume is higher the speaker pushes more air, and as the volume goes up you get a fuller sound.
That happens with everything.
Tube guitar amps, transistor guitar amps, hi fi amps, whatever that passes through a appreciably big speaker, and all guitar amps do.

So, I'd get a vypyr tube 60 or a peavey classic 30 or a marshall DSL401.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
Well you know, they invented this amazing thing called master volume so you can overdrive the preamp tubes as much as you like keeping the volume low.

And you know what else?
It works!

There are reasons not to buy tube amps, but that isn't a valid one if ya ask me.
The reason why you may have had the impression they sounded better at higher volumes may have been due the fact that when the volume is higher the speaker pushes more air, and as the volume goes up you get a fuller sound.
Tube guitar amps, transistor guitar amps, hi fi amps, whatever that passes through a appreciably big speaker, and all guitar amps do.

+3,1415

I'd look into the Laney Cub 12R, Bad Cat Cougar 5 or the Jet City 2112RC. Throw your ProCo RAT in front of one of those for heavier tones, and you're all set.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Mar 31, 2014,
Quote by Spambot_2

And you know what else?
It works!

So, I'd get a vypyr tube 60 or a peavey classic 30 or a marshall DSL401.

Point taken lol I do have a tube amp and its a good amp I set it to 1 watt might not seem much power but it can be loud turn up to loud in most cases . My problem is i find it hard to get the sounds i want depending on what songs i am playing . I have also been using my zoom g5 pedal in front of the amp not sure if that takes anything away from the amp but having the patches helps if you want to sound like a type of guitar player there's nearly a patch for every type of band patch not all good . I guess right now ill give it another try but i have found it very hard to get the sounds i want without using digital pedals which i probably could use without a tube amp.
Last edited by dazzzer30 at Mar 31, 2014,
Well what amp(s) do you have?

Saying you have a "tube amp" is really vague and frustratingly uninformative.

It's like saying "I have a sedan" when we're trying to figure out what car would be good for you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The Blackstar ID isn't a modelling amp. It doesn't model anything more than a Mesa TA models a Vox or Fender. It's a digital solid-state amp but that doesn't mean it's a modelling amp. The Roland GAs fall into the same category. I say get the 60. It has a mid control as well presence and resonance controls. That's the biggest difference and it will give you a lot more flexibility.
Since you already have a multifx with amp modeling, a powered speaker may be the way to go. You can even plug a mic in and sing along. Or drum machine, recorded music, keyboard, etc.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
i don't know if this was brought up, but go for a better title, you will get better results and better help.

for example "looking for new modeling amp"

or Blackstar ID'

etc. the more you give us the better off you will be. and hontly for under $300 a Vypyr tube 60 is one of the best things you could get.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by JELIFISH19
The Blackstar ID isn't a modelling amp. It doesn't model anything more than a Mesa TA models a Vox or Fender. It's a digital solid-state amp but that doesn't mean it's a modelling amp. The Roland GAs fall into the same category. I say get the 60. It has a mid control as well presence and resonance controls. That's the biggest difference and it will give you a lot more flexibility.
The thing actually is a modeling amp.
It has digital effects AND power tubes modeling.
The transatlantic is just a generic sounding amplifier, if you will.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola