i'm goin to try too make sense of this. Okay so i have two guitars ibanez and esp two cables.. the esp works with both cables no problems at all.. the ibanez works with only one cable. when using the other cable it tends too cut out alot..

is the jack dirty or maybe needs replaced?

or is there another problem.. im very confused and dont wanna replace the jack unless i need too.. this ever happen to anyone else??
Working with one cable and not the other is very weird. Especially since both cables work fine with the ESP.
There may be something with the one cable even though it works fine with the ESP. I would just use the one cable and stop worrying about it.
What kind of cables are we talking? Say, one nice, Monster cable type and one throw away, $9.00 guitar store generic cable?
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
i have a old Yamaha cable that works with both guitars and a new cable i got not long ago its one of the cheap cables on musician friends site.. it doesnt seem to work very well with the ibanez guitar.. idk if its my eyes but the cheap cable liikes a bit longer and thiner at the jack.. while the other is a bit smaller and fatter..

I would just use one cable seeing i have no issues with it.. however the ibanez is not mine a friend gave it to me too see if i could figure out why its cutting out, he though a wire came lose or something which makes sense.. but i checked all that it seems to be in the jack somewhere.. which is a long switch craft style jack
I had a problem with a guitar cutting out a lot too, a few years ago. If possible, it may be a good idea to unscrew the jack, pull it out, plug in the cable and make sure that the contact to the plug is good. There are some jacks which are inside an enclosure you can't get inside. I don't like these because you can only throw them away when they stop working properly. The "open" construction is very easy to repair if the cable tends to fall out or lose contact. Just bend the tip contact inwards a little bit and it should be much better. That solved the problem for me.
Right-wing morons, go suck my d#ck!

Check out my friends' bands...
Unrepentant (melodic death metal) >> YouTube | Soundcloud | facebook
Blutgericht (metalcore) >> YouTube | facebook
Support your local scene!
Last edited by offspring93 at Jul 16, 2014,
I had a problem with the plug not making contact on another guitar. Installed a stereo jack wired for mono. The other contact helped to hold the plug in.

I agree with offspring, you need to pull the jack out of the guitar and see what it looks like. And then, stop buying generic cables. Name brand only. I use monster myself, mostly because if it breaks, they will always give you a new one. Even if you accidentally cut it or something.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I had a pickup selector switch causing a guitar to cut out. Doesn't mesh with the 1 cable fact but something to check.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
well it maybe do with cheap cables not sure what kinda cable my friend uses.. however the jack is closed its not the open type..