So i've been using a Roland Cube 15XL for the past year and a half so far, and i've been playing for about 2 years and i've been wanting to get a better amplifier so i thought I'd go for a combo amp right away.

I mostly play Nirvana and Green Day and the occasional Metallica, there's also some Red Hot Chili Peppers in there sometimes but it's mostly Green Day through to Nirvana and Metallica and i wanted to know what amp brand would be better to go for, a Marshal or a Line 6.

I don't have any specific models in mind for either and I'm open to any suggestions

Oh and the pedals i own right now would be a Digitetch Grunge Pedal and a Digitech CR-7 Chorus, fishing for overdrive, delay and fuzz effects.
budget and location
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
If you're looking at solid state combos, neither. If you are looking for tube combos, definitely marshall. As said above, clarify how much you can spend and what kind of options you have wherever you live. Neither might be the best option.
If you like your pedals and want to keep using them, don't buy the Line 6. They will do nothing!
Fender makes pretty good solid state amps, they won't break the bank and they take pedals really well.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Going from what you asked I'm going to assume you mean a Marshall MG or a Line 6 Spider. You are trying to decide between cat shit and dog shit - you don't want either on your sandwich.
Do this:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The MG is not bad, but there are better amps for the cost of a new one. If you can find one cheap used, they make a good practice amp.
If the MG isn't bad I'd hate to see what you actually do call bad. What do you do, plug your guitar into a toaster?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've never played an amp that I would actually call bad. Obviously some are better than others, but I've yet to plug into one and be like "wow this sounds like crap!"

I think you can get a good sound out of anything if you mess with the knobs long enough.
A good cook could probably make a shit sandwich taste ok, I still wouldn't eat it and it would certainly be easier to make it taste good if it wasn't made out of shit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by 757ian123
The MG is not bad, but there are better amps for the cost of a new one. If you can find one cheap used, they make a good practice amp.

just give it up. you know its a piece of shit.

hell i have one that was part of a trade, whenever i get to cleaning more it will be ditched for what i can get it.

the deal was that and a brand new MIM with the plastic still on it never played and i paid $250 for everything.

they aren't even decent enough to get use of practice.

ian, if you are this obsessed, what do you LIKE about it?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ There are some people that don't care about the sound a lot. And they don't know lots about guitars, gear and sound. They sound like shit but they think it's an OK sound. Seriuosly, my brother is playing guitar for 12 years and he plays Ibanez GIO into Metal Zone into MG50, he thinks it's nice sound.

I also know this guy who plays in a band and does gigs with MG100 and MG cab. We were once in a music shop and I asked him which cab does he have. He points his finger to Marshall 1960 and says ''that one''. He thinks it's the same thing as MG cab. Seriously, he doesn't know shit about gear but he's still happy with what he has and how he sounds.
People who don't care about sound shouldn't be giving advice about sound - just sayin'
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
People who don't care about sound shouldn't be giving advice about sound - just sayin'

This. You'd also have to be a pretty poor guitar player if you didn't care about sounding good.

I mean, sure. Being able to play guitar and having a good-sounding amp are different things, but they both must compliment one another if you're going to have a hope in hell of sounding decent.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 1, 2014,
Quote by Cathbard

+3,1415

And as Cath already said, give us these informations as asked on the GG&A Rules and Resources Center so that we can give you better advice on which amp(s) would be the best option(s) for your needs:

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by trashedlostfdup
just give it up. you know its a piece of shit.

hell i have one that was part of a trade, whenever i get to cleaning more it will be ditched for what i can get it.

the deal was that and a brand new MIM with the plastic still on it never played and i paid $250 for everything.

they aren't even decent enough to get use of practice.

ian, if you are this obsessed, what do you LIKE about it?

First of all, I hate you for getting a brand new MIM for $250.

Now, what do I like about the amp? The clean is decent, and the distortion is good at low volumes. At higher volumes, it can sound pretty bad, hence why I said PRACTICE amp.

Also, I like that the MG has a separate EQ on the clean and dirty channels. This is a very basic, useful feature which for some reason TONS of high-dollar amps can't seem to offer.
The built in effects on the MG are also not bad. Keep in mind my opinion is based soley on the MG100hdfx, I'm not sure if the newer models or smaller ones sound different.
Don't get those amps they will give you cancer.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by 757ian123

Now, what do I like about the amp? The clean is decent, and the distortion is good at low volumes. At higher volumes, it can sound pretty bad, hence why I said PRACTICE amp.

Also, I like that the MG has a separate EQ on the clean and dirty channels. This is a very basic, useful feature which for some reason TONS of high-dollar amps can't seem to offer.
The built in effects on the MG are also not bad. Keep in mind my opinion is based soley on the MG100hdfx, I'm not sure if the newer models or smaller ones sound different.

just

Give it up, man. They're shit. They could have 50 knobs and they'd still sound like bollocks. Features do not good tone make.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I could listen to Cathbard all day
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by 757ian123

??? i own maybe three amps that don't have individual channels, a 1974x and a JTM45, and that Mg that i have.

i also have some three channel amps that each has its own EQ. i don't know what amps you are talking about, but i see a hell of a lot separate EQ's than vice versa.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by bluestratplayer
budget and location

sorry for the late reply but i my wifi got cut off xS
i live in Lebanon and i have a budget of around 650-700$, highest i can manage would be 750$
Quote by Linkerman
+3,1415

And as Cath already said, give us these informations as asked on the GG&A Rules and Resources Center so that we can give you better advice on which amp(s) would be the best option(s) for your needs:

ok so as mentioned, my budget is around 650-700$

i already mentioned the genres but i'll post it here again, it's mostly punk rock/ grunge like Green Day and Nirvana towards thrash metal like Metallica

I practice at home throughout the week and go to band practice weekly, the places we usually practice at/perform at have supplied us with their own amps so far

as i said i live in lebanon so i'm not really close to any Guitar Center and Craigslist isn't an option but if the case is dire i can manage getting something off of amazon

and i own a left handed Epiphone SG Pro, and a Roland 15W XL Cube
Quote by rami_cobain
ok so as mentioned, my budget is around 650-700$

i already mentioned the genres but i'll post it here again, it's mostly punk rock/ grunge like Green Day and Nirvana towards thrash metal like Metallica

I practice at home throughout the week and go to band practice weekly, the places we usually practice at/perform at have supplied us with their own amps so far

as i said i live in lebanon so i'm not really close to any Guitar Center and Craigslist isn't an option but if the case is dire i can manage getting something off of amazon

and i own a left handed Epiphone SG Pro, and a Roland 15W XL Cube

What's the currency? That would help out too.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by rami_cobain
Lebanese Pound, it goes 1 USD = 1,500 LBP(Lebanese Pound)

So, your budget is 700$US (= about 1,052,093.00 LBP)?

Contact Thomann, maybe you can get a Jet City JCA5212RC shipped to you for that price. It's a fantastic amp, and it would suit your needs.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by 757ian123

Tons really? there are plenty of tube amps (that aren't based on old models) that have at least 2 sets of tone controls. both of my amps do (peavey valveking and Ultra 2x12) the valveking goes for less or about the same as your MG so is hardly a big dollar amp.

sorry but no matter what you say there is little chance of convincing most here that the MG is any good. if you are happy more power to you.
Can you give us links to online shops you can buy from? Because its nearly impossible to give you good advice without knowing about availability and prices in your country.
But Linkerman's suggestion was pretty good, can you get Jet City Amps somewhere? If not, contact Thomann.