Ok I think this question might sound really silly to many people but I just wanna make sure I won't mess up anything.

I currently have a Mesa Mini Rectifier head with an 8-ohm Celestion V30 speaker in the cab. I've just bought a new Marshall JTM-60 tube combo amp from ebay and am still waiting for it to arrive. The Marshall amp's got a speaker cable connecting the cab to the power amp which I could unplug from the rear panel.

My plan is to plug the Mesa head into the Marshall's speaker whenever I want to fire up the Mesa. So my question is would that be okay? I know the impedance and wattage have to match and all. The Marshall amp could handle 60W while the mesa head is only 25W. The impedance of the Marshall's speaker is 8 / 16 Ohm, both of which the mesa head is compatible with.

I'm pretty certain myself that that'd be fine. But I just wanna make sure I won't mess anything up, that's why the stupid question

I'd appreciate some answer. Thanks!
yeah it should be fine

figure out what the impedance of the speaker is, it'll either be 8 or 16 ohms. some mismatches are safe (which is probably what marshall means when it says "8/16 ohms"), but it's generally safer to match if you don't know how to mismatch safely.

just make sure you do it the right way round- you need to plug the cable coming from the speaker into the mesa head. i've done it the wrong way round before
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

just make sure you do it the right way round- you need to plug the cable coming from the speaker into the mesa head. i've done it the wrong way round before

Not too sure what you mean, can you explain a bit more? I really wanna make sure I won't make that mistake whatever it is.
I'm kind of scared of actually mixing you up

You want the cable which comes from the speaker (it will probably have spade connectors on the end which attaches directly to the speaker, or it will be soldered directly to the speaker, and it should have a 1/4" jack on the other end) and plug that cable into the speaker out jack socket on your mesa head.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Why would you do that if you already have a V30 loaded cab?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by Dave
I'm kind of scared of actually mixing you up

You want the cable which comes from the speaker (it will probably have spade connectors on the end which attaches directly to the speaker, or it will be soldered directly to the speaker, and it should have a 1/4" jack on the other end) and plug that cable into the speaker out jack socket on your mesa head.

Haha thanks man, yeah it's alright I was just a bit paranoid, again just wanted to make sure I won't blow anything up lol.

Quote by classicrocker01
Why would you do that if you already have a V30 loaded cab?

Haha yeah I know it seems weird, quite a few people asked me the same question. The V30 cab I have is actually a 1x12, while the Marshall I'm getting is the JTM 60 combo that has a 3x10 cab.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?