Japeez is like, br00tz melodeath with a breakdown.

jerp is like, spacey djent.

Pls giff opinionz, pls.
Attachments:
jerp.gp5
japeez.zip
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Well, I didn't know what I expected. It was technical metal with japanese folk influence.

I think it was amazing. Didn't realize that oriental music would fit that well with teh brootz. The part starting at bar 42 is just beautiful. Can't tell which I like more, the distorted riff or the echoing clean rhythm. They play together really well.

I think it's an unique and beautiful piece of music

Talking about the "Jerp" file, thought I'd clarify just in case. I couldn't open japeez, god knows why, I need a new computer.
Last edited by guitar/bass95 at Mar 31, 2014,
Quote by guitar/bass95
Well, I didn't know what I expected. It was technical metal with japanese folk influence.

I think it was amazing. Didn't realize that oriental music would fit that well with teh brootz. The part starting at bar 42 is just beautiful. Can't tell which I like more, the distorted riff or the echoing clean rhythm. They play together really well.

I think it's an unique and beautiful piece of music

Talking about the "Jerp" file, thought I'd clarify just in case. I couldn't open japeez, god knows why, I need a new computer.

Thanks for the kind words

For japeez, you need a program that opens zip files (I'm being an assuming dick again) like WinRAR, winzip or 7zip. Its like, 30kb off the upload limit, which is totes lame.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
dem polymeters

edit: turns out that there were two songs- checking the other one now.

edit2: Well, I guess words are in order.

Ok, so the first thingy is kinda flawless. I tried to come up with stuff I didn't like, and there is like none. The only thing is the first distorted riff, the arpeggio'd (teh first 3 notes in the riff) part is a bit jarring. I mean, I'm just nitpicking here. It's groovy as hell, and it has a nice "call and response" feel with the F# instead of the B.

I love the second riff.

The other song was a bit more substantial. It's also very good however.

I wasn't really a fan of bar 44 riff. There's a lot of stuff happening. Blast beats, triplets, arpeggioing (it's a verb) distorted guitars. It's nice that you foreshadow it in bar 34 though.

I'm not too fond of the breakdown either (bar 60), and the transition feels a bit icky. Like you're being thrown in there.

There's a nice interlude (bar 103) which doesn't get repetetive btw. I like it.

I didn't like the previous breakdown, but the next one (if you can call it a breakdown?) is fookin epic. I love it, with all the stuff around it and what not.

All in all, you have some fine pieces here and I'd love to see what you do with the first one.
Last edited by CheesyMozarella at Mar 31, 2014,
Quote by EpiExplorer

For japeez, you need a program that opens zip files (I'm being an assuming dick again) like WinRAR, winzip or 7zip. Its like, 30kb off the upload limit, which is totes lame.

It's okay, I know it sounds like I can't open a zip file Something else went wrong with the download (=I can't find the file) so I just blame my computer (=too lazy to re-download)

Ok, I decided to cut the slacking and listen to it. I like the japeez intro a lot, and at about bar 40 starts a really great part, some extremely nice riffs. And I freaking love the riff at bar 52, it's outstanding.

The parts before bar 40 and right after the oriental clean part are a bit dull to me, nothing wrong with them, but they're not as outstanding as the rest of the song.

The oriental part that starts at bar 100 is great, and the following metal/trad. japanese mix is again amazing, just like in jerp.

Personally, I liked jerp more, it was more interesting as a whole, but both tracks were great.

If you care, you could c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1638861
Last edited by guitar/bass95 at Mar 31, 2014,