because I just won one in an auction, and I'm honestly kind of shell-shocked about it because I only bid 138$. It's brand new and it was listed by a local guitar shop, so I don't even need to have it shipped. Although... come to think of it the part where they actually hand the guitar to me may be kinda awkward.

(They must've known that something like that could happen... )

This is a pretty awesome night but I still didn't tell my wife about it yet. She is sleeping. I think she might be pretty annoyed about it because we don't really spend that much without an agreement first. She DOES appreciate a bargain on the other hand, so... yeah...

The guitar looks pretty metally.
I don't really listen to metal. I used to listen to Metallica and Rammstein, but not so much nowadays.
Well if the wife is annoyed then there might be an Allender PRS for sale again soon but in the meantime I'm going to have a new toy to play with for at least the next couple days.

Edited for more info:
Picked it up this morning. Got to try it for a little while at least and i love it. It is a very pretty guitar. No fret problems. It needs a setup but i can have that taken care of. There are a few tiny manufacturing blemishes. Pinholes basically, and not the sort of thing that i would ever notice if i weren't turning my most critical eye toward it.
It rings out nicely when you strum it and it sustains well. The sound is very different from my epiphone. I was afraid that it would make me dissatisfied about my epi les paul but actually i think that i like them both, for different reasons of course. The distortion was awesome on the PRS but i also really enjoyed the warm LP sound when i switched back.
Last edited by paul.housley.7 at Apr 1, 2014,
Steal at that price. Might as well keep it as you might get maybe $400 or so if you try to sell it.
I hope its the green one btw I always liked that finish
My Shit:
ESP Eclipse, ESP Horizon III, PRS Mushok Baritone
Laney Ironheart Studio, Blackstar Ht-40
The pickups would make it a pretty good choice for a Jazz guitar, if that's your deal. The guitar is designed for more of a metal style, however. You could put it on Craigslist and get $400 out of it and turn a profit, if nothing else.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Only $400? Looks like they're going for more (used) in this neck of the woods. If it's new, then considerably more. What am I missing here?

I think if I were you and I were that tight on bucks (new baby?), I'd be inclined to make the wife happy and sell it at a profit and put it into savings. You are SO gonna need it. Better yet, if you have an agreement to have an agreement, you want to make any breach of that agreement a positive outcome (rather than, "Honey, I just spent some more money"). Otherwise your guitar money might end up being alimony and child support <G>.
Quote by dspellman
Only $400? Looks like they're going for more (used) in this neck of the woods. If it's new, then considerably more. What am I missing here?

I think if I were you and I were that tight on bucks (new baby?), I'd be inclined to make the wife happy and sell it at a profit and put it into savings. You are SO gonna need it. Better yet, if you have an agreement to have an agreement, you want to make any breach of that agreement a positive outcome (rather than, "Honey, I just spent some more money"). Otherwise your guitar money might end up being alimony and child support <G>.

Hehehehehehe it's like you know me....

But seriously - my son is 1, my daughter is 4. Daycare is expensive.

My wife (somewhat surprisingly) saw it and asked me if I wanted to keep this and sell the Epiphone instead.
My best friend called me a dummy.

Here's the pics finally - I actually like this red finish better than the others.

http://imgur.com/gallery/IkPlJ/new

The listing - I don't know how long it'll be up but they've got better pics than I do.

https://reverb.com/item/90288-prs-se-paul-allender-scarlet-red-burst
You have to have a discussion over $140?

I'd be having a lot of discussions, that's pretty much what it costs to fill my petrol tank.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Had it for a month now - i really really like this guitar.

(Btw the wife likes it too and she said i should keep this one and the epi as well, so i'm a 2 guitar guy now)

It wasn't perfect right out of the box. I made a minor adjustment to the truss rod and adjusted the action a little bit. I also had to change some rusty strings. I think this guitar was displayed on the wall in the music store for a pretty long time.

It is a better guitar than the epiphone in just about every way. It is lighter and more comfortable. It holds tune better and just generally feels better. I can set the action lower and get good playability without too much fret buzz.

Really happy that this guitar ended up with me.