I've recently bought the electro harmomix switchblade from ebay for around 30$. I use the A out with a chorus on one amp, and the B output with a distortion, a wah and a delay, on a second amp. Guitar goes to the Y input of the pedal. It works pretty good though, but for a reason, when switched to the A output, probably because of the high gain of the amp, I can still hear the distortion of the second amp, really quiet, but it still messes up with the clean sound!
Yeah, channel bleed is a common criticism of the EHX switchblade.

As far as I know, there's nothing you can do really.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Yeah, channel bleed is a common criticism of the EHX switchblade.

As far as I know, there's nothing you can do really.

Well, f@ck!
i wouldn't necessarily give up on the channel bleed. maybe there is a mod? i honestly don't know and amp not very experienced about pedal building/modding, but see if you can do something. could be as small as a resistor or a cap

get cath in here or matt or tim and see if they know anything
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i wouldn't necessarily give up on the channel bleed. maybe there is a mod? i honestly don't know and amp not very experienced about pedal building/modding, but see if you can do something. could be as small as a resistor or a cap

get cath in here or matt or tim and see if they know anything

There's gotta be a mod for that pedal out there.. I mean, the circuit indide seem really simple..
Photo
Yeh it's just a few jacks in a box. So all the signal if just going in circles. A mod would probably exceed the cost of the pedal from most people. Look elsewhere to buy something suitable.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
Yeh it's just a few jacks in a box. So all the signal if just going in circles. A mod would probably exceed the cost of the pedal from most people. Look elsewhere to buy something suitable.

thanks tim. as you probably didn't notice this wasn't my thread. i have very limited experience with pedals in general. i was hoping for this guy it would be just a cap or resistor or something simple he could do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
thanks tim. as you probably didn't notice this wasn't my thread. i have very limited experience with pedals in general. i was hoping for this guy it would be just a cap or resistor or something simple he could do.

dont think there's a simple way to fix it. though i'm very basic in my knowledge of signal flow. seems like maybe a buffer would need to go in there but i could be very very wrong.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
dont think there's a simple way to fix it. though i'm very basic in my knowledge of signal flow. seems like maybe a buffer would need to go in there but i could be very very wrong.

Tim - thanks for the good info.

OP buy a Radial Engineering Big Shot, and put your switchblade on ebay. the big shot is a few bucks more but the switches are nice at quieting things down. they are seriously bulletproof.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Apr 2, 2014,
Got a schematic?
On the ones I build, I use a 10M resistor across the switch contacts to inhibit popping. 10M is so high that you can't hear any bleed. Maybe they're doing the same thing but with smaller resistors?
I dunno. Like I said, find me a schematic.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I think, the best thing for me to do now, is to take the pedal to someone who repairs pedals and let him figure out if there is a solution or not for the problem. Because I don't think that my knowledge about electronics will fix anything...
Quote by guitarpro2play
I think, the best thing for me to do now, is to take the pedal to someone who repairs pedals and let him figure out if there is a solution or not for the problem. Because I don't think that my knowledge about electronics will fix anything...

it is going to cost more than it is worth to get it looked at by a shop.

Cath- that is what I was kind of thinking but didn't I know exactly what to recommend.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!