Was looking for a bit of advice on a schecter guitar found on eBay here http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271439792332&globalID=EBAY-GB

I know Schecter do a cheaper SGR brand but after some research they seem to actually say SGR on the headstock, this one does have SGR on the back of the headstock by the serial number though :-S. Or do all Schecters have that?

I think my main question is: Why is this guitar so cheap when they retail for £750+? Am I missing something here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Thats a legit Schecter, definitely not an SGR. I think you've stumbled across a really good deal.
It's second hand, that always wipes about half the value off a guitar. It's also collection only so a lot less potential buyers. The guy probably just needs the money quick but wants a bit more than he'd get from the likes of cash converters.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I had a friend who had the exact model, it's a good guitar and for that price, I think it'd deifinitely worth it
For some reason Schecters seem to be hard to resell, which also devalues them.
I've seen so many on the Facebook selling pages going cheap because there was so little interest.
Silverburst
They have that SGR under the serial # on all of the regular Diamond Series Schecter's. Its just the initials for the name of their company (Schecter Guitar Research). And yes that is a regular Diamond Series and not one of the new SGR's.
Thanks for the replies.

Still unsure about the quality with it being built in Korea
I heard Schecter were shifting the factory to the USA so will probably hang on!
Quote by richelmes
Thanks for the replies.

Still unsure about the quality with it being built in Korea
I heard Schecter were shifting the factory to the USA so will probably hang on!

The Korean stuff is great.

The USA stuff will be for customs IIRC.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
The Korean stuff is great.

The USA stuff will be for customs IIRC.

Yup. Korean guitars, especially high end, hold their own against USA and Japanese creations. Mass produced Schecters, LTDs and such are all made in South Korea. If you want American you have to pay big bucks. (for reference just look at how much Gibsons cost)

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3