Page 1 of 2
For me it is Arrested Development probably closely followed by Peep Show.

Arrested Development just has so many hilarious in jokes and plays the whole thing so straight that is just the funniest show I've ever seen. G.O.B. is probably my favourite character.

Peep Show is a different kind of comedy but it's just so intrinsically British and filmed in such a different way to anything else out there and I love all of the characters especially Johnson and Super Hans.

Special mention to The Office UK too.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Everybody Loves Raymond. I can watch any episode any time and not be disappointed.

COME ON ROBERT WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I'm gonna have to start AD soon. But for me it's the king of all shows, Seinfeld.
A few, Office UK, Extras, The Inbetweeners, The IT Crowd, Community. Probably more i'm not thinking of.
Arrested Development, Black Books, Spaced, Community, It's Always Sunny. Probably some others but I can't think of them right now.
In the past 20 years there's probably only been 5 sitcoms I didn't hate.

It's always sunny I think might be the only one still coming out with new episodes (I think.)

Also really enjoyed my name is earl, trailer park boys, married with children, and that 70s show.

I find most 'popular' sitcoms to be so terrible they make me feel depressed watching them.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 1, 2014,
Current would be Parks and Recreation, but all-time would be Seinfeld.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
1. Arrested Development 2. Everybody Loves Raymond. Don't watch any others.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Walking Dead...... c'mon guys, it's hilarious.

OK, seriously now, Mrs Brown's Boys, but not for the scripts, I like it for the ad-lib stuff.
Don't really know if it qualifies as a sit-com, but Louie

Love Louis C.K, and the show is just hilarious.. The last season is a lot more serious though, but I still love it.
There's only one boss I listen to, and that's why I'm unemployed.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

OK, seriously now, Mrs Brown's Boys, but not for the scripts, I like it for the ad-lib stuff.

That's definably one of the worst shows in existence.
Quote by Malchius

I agree, the amount of times i've been in the UK and been asked to say "feck", it's not funny.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Ha ha you April fooled me!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
It's Always Sunny for something that is currently airing.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Say what you want about Friends, but it's been a pretty influential if nothing else.

I don't think there's any other TV sitcom of that length that I've watched every episode at least 5 times.
Scrubs
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I usually watch Nick at Nite before I go to sleep, so I've been watching Friends and George Lopez a lot. I also liked when they played The Nanny and That 70s Show.

I don't really watch TV other than that, although I've been watching Pretty Little Liars with my girlfriend and I have to admit for a chick show it's pretty good.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Murica: arrested development

Inglund: IT crowd
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by Malchius

If it can be be 'defined' as one of the worst shows in existence, how come it's so popular?
Surely any definition of one of the worst shows in existence must include a lack of popularity?
all of them
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Idk if that counts but Big Bang Theory, I usually hate sitcoms but this one is just plain entertaining for me
Quote by SlackerBabbath
If it can be be 'defined' as one of the worst shows in existence, how come it's so popular?
Surely any definition of one of the worst shows in existence must include a lack of popularity?

I don't know if that was a typo or auto spell check.

It is a terrible show though, I don't care how popular it is. The jokes are awful and the biggest draw seems to be the main character is a man in a dress.
Quote by Malchius
I don't know if that was a typo or auto spell check.

It is a terrible show though, I don't care how popular it is. The jokes are awful and the biggest draw seems to be the main character is a man in a dress.

That totally looks like a misspelling of "definitely".

For me Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister is easily top. Timeless scripts that are still relevant today even though it was filmed 30 years ago, and two absolutely top class actors in Paul Eddington and Nigel Hawthorne.

I'm also rather fond of Red Dwarf, Blackadder and Black Books.
Page 1 of 2