Page 1 of 2
Wow, new approval queue needs some major improvement. Why is there no sorting function for type of tabs, not wanting to look pages and pages of every kind of tab. Please fix.
I think this was intentional to get people to (re)view more kinds of tabs, but I think it will backfire and actually cause fewer tabs to be reviewed.
Since tabbing categories are significantly different, i.e. a "chords" tabber often doesn't have guitar pro and a regular tabbers might have no idea about chord tabs.
The previous TPA format was better IMO, since it lets users filter out and review their "field of expertise". I think most people do this, browse through "their" category and look for songs they know and this is a bit messy now.
I do like the new sorting thing though if it's sorting old submissions in need of votes first - and that voting is no longer anonymous which prevents TPA abuse.
What the hell has happened to this?

I just went on it to see if one of my tabs got any votes cause it's been on there 5 days

Jesus christ my eyes, can't do shit on there now. Change it back. Change it back, please!
I am a tab moderator and I must say whoever is messing with this site is really starting to make it a mess... Leave the damn site alone...why change crap that isn't broken all the time..
I can't even see the entire tab that someone does on my ipad and if I go on my computer I can't even vote to accept or reject the tab...and being a tab moderator I think I should be able to continue to do that don't you.....like i said the person who did this needs to get a life and play guitar more.... Instead of trying to mess with websites and computers...
This is terrible
By the way, please name the person that is doing these awful things to this site so that just like people get to vote to accept or reject a tab we can vote to accept or reject this person from this site permanently
Quote by DON CZARSKI
By the way, please name the person that is doing these awful things to this site so that just like people get to vote to accept or reject a tab we can vote to accept or reject this person from this site permanently

That's a bit rude don't you think? The developers are working hard to improve the AQ and other aspects of tabs. Being a "tab moderator" does not allow one to belittle the ones who gave them that role. If you have a complaint, it would be more in your favour to offer them constructive feedback and suggestions rather than insulting them.

Quote by DON CZARSKI
I can't even see the entire tab that someone does on my ipad and if I go on my computer I can't even vote to accept or reject the tab

This is the only useful feedback in your messages, so why cover it up with bs that does no one any good?

Quote by fanapathy
The previous TPA format was better IMO, since it lets users filter out and review their "field of expertise". I think most people do this, browse through "their" category and look for songs they know and this is a bit messy now.

This has already been brought to the attention of the developers and has been changed, although now I can only see my preferential tab type

Quote by fiReSpaRk K7
Wow, new approval queue needs some major improvement. Why is there no sorting function for type of tabs, not wanting to look pages and pages of every kind of tab. Please fix.

This is an early version release and improvements are still being made. To my knowledge it should show your preferential artists, based on your current tabs, at the top of the list. but this pages of every kind of tab with no sorting option has been addressed.
Realize it's a work in progress so will give it a chance, it's certainly better now I'm only seeing preferential tabs.
I like that the other versions of the tab can be brought up next to the new one but I can't scroll them both to compare all of them.
Also, I used to look at the comments/corrections for the old tab as often the new one was nothing more than a copy of the old with the corrections used, can't see them with this new system.
Where is the option to filter my "favourite bands" tabs?

Seriously, why was this changed? The old one was fine, and way better. Can't you leave the option somewhere to use the old one if you wish?
Is it just me or can you not simply have an alphabetical list by artist in the queue anymore either? It also seems to default to oldest tabs first, when I'd rather see the new ones first to check what's appeared since I last looked. The previous version was much simpler to navigate, so I'm not sure why these extra options weren't just added in rather than overhauling something that was fundamentally not broken to begin with. I'd rather have the old queue back.
^^^^^not only does it default to oldest first there seems to be two lists in the one - take the tab list at the moment, it goes from 5 days down to 55minutes ago halfway down the page then changes to 6 days ago down to 1 hour ago at the bottom.

And, as sam b pointed out, my favourite band list doesn't contain any favourite bands either.
When I clicked Favourite tabs, expecting to see some Stone Sour, Machine Head and Trivium tab in the queue to come up, Taylor Swift came up instead...
Originally posted by suckmybassriffs
To become the great tabber, you must first... BECOME A TAB!

Originally posted by Svelle
dude your like the tabbing-master... seriously!
Yeah, I prefered it when it was organized. It's not even sorted by most recently submitted anymore. It's kind of just jumbled up now.

Also, I feel I should mention that I always used to change the sorting. Whether it be by artist, name, or date. Visually, it looks fine (maybe a tad more spaced out than necessary), but really, the old TPA system was flawless.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Echoing previous sentiments: PLEASE sort it with most recently submitted tabs first. Having to go to the 8th page and scroll all the way down and then navigate backwards is incredible annoying to do.
I think "other version" shouldn't be a pop-up It's hard to compare, it would be better to open in new tab.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
Guys, I added sorting by date, song and artist to approval queue.

Filter by favorite band now contains only tabs from your favorite bands list (older filter also contains tabs with artist from your favorite tabs).
sam b, xxxxChrisTxxxx, slipknot836 check your favorite band approval tabs list.

emad, if you want to open it in new tab, please just right click on it and choose "open in new tab"

----------------------------------------

Default list of tabs (that are waiting for approval) constructed taking into your preferences (such as certain artist's tabs from your favorites, artist's tabs that you send for us and tabs types that you prefere). So probably other filtres will not be necessary.
While favourite band still appears to be broken, thank you for reinstalling the previous features. It is surely never a good idea to remove previous functionality in a system when performing an "upgrade".
Also, the "contributor level" thing..

What is:

Level IV 10 approved tabs with high quality

..a tab with "high quality"?

Looking at the ratings of my tabs, I'm sure I have 10. Unless "high quality" means something else
^ Same. Like, I don't know how much higher they have to be rated.

Also worth noting that there's a few links that don't work in the TPA. For instance, user names, other versions, or the dismissal and tab quality requirements link for the beginner contributor message.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 9, 2014,
sam b, Joshua Garcia, can you check favorite queue again, please? I fix something.

Do you have any other ideas or suggestion how can make approval queue more cool and comfortable for you? I'll try to make it real :-)

Joshua Garcia, can you provide links that don't work?
I think the favourites work now!

It doesnt look like UG, to me. Needs more black and yellow When I go on it now it's like I'm directed to a whole different webite
Quote by Ximich
sam b, Joshua Garcia, can you check favorite queue again, please? I fix something.

Do you have any other ideas or suggestion how can make approval queue more cool and comfortable for you? I'll try to make it real :-)

Joshua Garcia, can you provide links that don't work?
Yup. It's working now.

Looks fine to me now. Only other thing I could possibly think of would be to add a different theme like you have here on the forums. But if not, that's alright too.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/contribution/submit/approval?id=1474933

This is a good example. Notice how none of the links in between the "Download tab" and the "Approve/Reject tab" buttons don't work. At least for me, anyways.

Or everything in the "Other version" box in this tab.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/contribution/submit/approval?id=1473962

Now that I notice, I couldn't write a comment if I wanted to either.

EDIT: Ok, I just noticed that when I voted on a tab, all those links became available, but once I refreshed the page, they became unavailable again. I don't get it. I'm guessing it's some kind of bug.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 10, 2014,
Quote by Ximich
Fixed. Thanks for report!
Actually I'm still having this problem for every tab I visit. Oddly enough, I'm not getting that problem on my ipod.
I actually really like the new approval page! Especially now its fixed. I am still having a problem downloading guitar pro files for approval. Everytime i click download it downloads a hmtl file?

Am I the only one having this bug? I'm on a mac using Safari which could be the issue haha
lil-bass-man, fixed this on mac, thanks!

Joshua Garcia, I can't reproduce your bug :-( Which is your OS and browser version?
Quote by Ximich
Joshua Garcia, I can't reproduce your bug :-( Which is your OS and browser version?
Windows Vista (Home Premium).
I have the problem on both Chrome and Firefox, but I don't seem to have it on Internet Explorer.
I'm not sure if you changed anything but I'm not getting the problem anymore. So I guess so to speak, consider it fixed.

Now, about that 'high quality' tabs thing....
Quote by sam b
Seriously, can someone (Ximich?) answer this please:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32551465&postcount=25

As mentioned, your Level increases as soon as you meet certain criteria. I can tell that it depends on the number of tabs, number of total ratings and the average rating score. To not make it easier to abuse the system, I can't be more specific unfortunately.
Quote by zappp
As mentioned, your Level increases as soon as you meet certain criteria. I can tell that it depends on the number of tabs, number of total ratings and the average rating score. To not make it easier to abuse the system, I can't be more specific unfortunately.

Ok, well can I request a PM saying what the criteria are? I'm curious as to how far away from the next level I am

Because like I said, it says "10 tabs of high quality" and I have well over 10 tabs rated 5* so I cant figure out what else it means
Not sure about the new addition - 'Required Info' and 'Additional 'Info' boxes.
Can we alter the information in these if it's wrong, chords instead of tab, spelling etc?

When looking at submitted tabs I often click on the artist name to check whether there's existing tabs with slightly different titles but this option is not there anymore.

Also found a couple of times viewing other versions in the little pop up box not all of it is shown - just the intro/first line, would not have realized there was more to it than this but one had 35 ratings so opened it in another tab to find out why.
Page 1 of 2