Anybody else get the free student upgrade to Sibelius 7.5 from Sibelius 7? Im not seeing any instructions with it and Im still a little confused as to how programs are handled in my new Mac. Do I need to uninstall Sibelius 7 and Sibelius sounds and then download 7.5, or can I just download 7.5 and the new Sibelius sounds and it will write over version 7 by itself?
It will overwrite the existing Sibelius 7 and associated assets. You do not need to delete/uninstall it before upgrading.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
It will overwrite the existing Sibelius 7 and associated assets. You do not need to delete/uninstall it before upgrading.

Ok cool. My download also came with a sibelius 7.5 sounds updater and the sibelius 7.5 sounds library itself. I am guessing I don't need to bother redownloading the library, but should I download the updater, or is the updater included in the sibelius 7.5 program download?

These are probably very dumb questions, I am just very adamant about not installing any waste whatsoever on my system.
Well I don't have Sib 7 so I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to. But just download whatever they require. Sibelius does not have any bloatware.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana