I plan on using an eminence. Red coat "the governer" 12". Should I build a closed or open back?
96 MIJ Jackson
Charvel DC 1 FR
PRS SE Custom 24
Yamaha FG730S
DIY acoustic
DIY mockingbird
Peavey classic 50 2x12
what type of tone(s) are you after and will it be a 1x12? EDIT: if you're building it yourself you could always just avoid the choice and build it "convertible"...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I play pretty much everything. I'm running the Bugera V55hd. It will be 1x12. I use aDIY strat and DIY hum PRS type guitar. I have only built an open cab before because I used blue marvels and basically made it like my old peavey classic 50 (it was open).
I just didn't know if you had to build open, closed or ported based on air volume or something, like when doing car subs
96 MIJ Jackson
Charvel DC 1 FR
PRS SE Custom 24
Yamaha FG730S
DIY acoustic
DIY mockingbird
Peavey classic 50 2x12
I don't know anything about the technical stuff () but it strikes me that if you're building it yourself you might as well make it convertible so you have the option of running it either way. Sometimes 1x12 closed-back cabs can sound boxy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Open. I hated all my closed-back combos. I've even been thinking about opening my GDEC3-30 and building a stand/horn like this:

Next project will be cutting and wrapping 2 baffles to open up the back of my DIY 2x15" cabinet.
Sent from the cleanest toilet in Hell