He guys can anyone help me with my problem .... first of all um nt that rich so cant afford alot of things i worked hard nd saved sm money nd since um a yngwie fan was trying to get a guitar of which hav vintage white color just like his signature strat nd i found this one

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjUyWDUxMA==/z/QXkAAOxy0zhTLwXK/$_3.JPG

its a squier guitar (250$) that i can buy. so i was wondering wht if i change those pickups for yngwie's signature seymore duncans will it be a gud idea. well it would get me a year to get that kind of money to buy that pickup so um asking it for advice right now so that i can set ma mind . nd also um quite new been playing for 8 months
Last edited by wheredeadangels at Apr 1, 2014,
what's the rest of your gear?

normally buying pickups isn't the best use of your money unless your amp is also suitable.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Acoustic guitar

Orange Crush Mini Amp

And a guitar cable . i didnt bought that electric guitar yet . thats all i hav
First, you can get a MIM strat for 250 easy depending on your used market. Like Dave said the amp will be more of an influence than pickups so what do you have now?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
I wouldn't waste the money you have on those pickups then.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Not really high class but a good amp will do much more for your sound. Those pickups really wouldn't warrant the money you would put into them if you didn't have a better amp first. Plus you may find the guitar would be just fine without them.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
i am a big yngwie fan. so was eager to get em. didnt put any thought abt amps, anyways thnx for ur advise @bluestratplayer. i guess i ll stick with ma acoustic n electric guitar till i buy a good amp.
Quote by diabolical
I'd say first spend a little time learning how to spell, then maybe I can help. I got eye bleed from your post.

Yngwie tone = mainly his fingers + scalloped frets.

Sure, it would sound exactly the same going into a spider 3. Not sure what scalloped frets would have to do with his tone.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
I've played several scalloped fretboards, pressing harder would bend the note but actual TONE difference?

Post the video I would love to see it.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
get yourself a strat for starters. as mentioned a better amp would help. yngwie uses power amp distortion on non master volume marshalls for his older stuff. his sig marshall on newer stuff. you can get close enough for practice purposes and not spend a fortune. any amp (tubes are best) with some distortion and a delay pedal can get you in the ballpark. you have to keep the distortion at a level that gives nice sustain but retains note clarity.