In January, I picked up a 2014 SGJ. I wasn't impressed with the guitar after putting some time on it, so I took it back. One thing I loved though was the neck. I found myself wishing my current guitar (A Godin Core) felt more like that SG. Soooo, I couldn't take it anymore and picked up a 2013 SG Standard. The store gave me one that hadn't even been out of the box yet. I compared it to the shelf model I tried earlierand it was bang on. Tried an ES 335 as well..... Almost walked out with two guitars. LOL.

Anyhow, here's a pic of the new beauty

Last edited by Jellotree at Apr 1, 2014,
Oh man, nice SG. Always wanted a cherry standard. Never got around to getting one

HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Lovely
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
SG's are the shite

HNGD
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Fantastic!!! That is a beautiful guitar.

I've been GASing hard for an SG the past couple of years. Really want to buy one, but can't justify it and can't fit any more guitars in my small apartment.
Man I love SGs! Looks great, thanks for reigniting me GAS!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Thanks

I got to plug it into my home amp, which is a modest Fender mustang III, and those 57 classic pickups are a huge difference. I had been cursing the amp for a long time for what I thought was it's inability to play clean settings with clarity. These pickups really make a difference. I have a 'Sabbath' setting that I configured a while back. Well, I had to darken it up a bit more for these pickups, and when I did.... Wow!

The action was sitting at 2.4mm at the 12th fret when I measured it at home. Kinda high, but I noticed it had quite a bit of relief (0.013&ldquo. I guessing this isn't what the factory set it at, so I assume the climate change on its way up to Canada probably changed the neck bow. Gonna let it settle a couple days and see where it's at.
Awesome, looks beautiful! Solid addition to any collection!
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
Goregeous guitar !!!!!
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Congrats on the new SG. They're awesome and yeah, the neck is truly unique.

I got a 2013 Standard in White not too long ago... for me the red just reminds me of Angus Young too much, it almost feels like a signature to me, but for someone without that bias, it's definitely a beautiful guitar! Enjoy.
Wow! That's sweet. I somehow got an Sg special faded in brown for 1000$ with a hard case. Plays almost the same as a standard just sometimes the pickups feel crappy. But i wouldnt change it for anything!
Those guitars are an instant classic. HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?